1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I really don't know...

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Uhmmhi, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Uhmmhi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    So..hey there. Here's a 16 year old guy from India..who probably thinks he's bi. I mention the word "probably" coz yeah...I did had female crushes when I was in lower classes. I even had a relationship with a girl which failed a year or two ago... however ..I had a thing for boys since childhood. It's awkward but yeah, I did love to watch boys naked. Even now, while masturbating, I do think of boys. so that makes me kinda gay. I didn't really had any sexual feelings for any girl ever..as I had for boys. I'm more of a gay I guess..cuz I like boys more. especially teen cute and handsome boys. But I'm still in a dilemma. I really don't know what I am. I won't come out in my country..that might make my parents feel bad. Moreover, the kind of society which we live in India, coming out will make your life hell and just nothing else. in a country which terms gay sex as "unnatural sex" and criminalizes it..declaring myself gay will do me no good and I understand. however.. I just want to know myself. am I really gay..or is it just too early to decide? I have this awesome friend ..she's a girl..she always supports me..saying I should open up. to be very honest..I'm more like a girl. I hardly have male friends in school..99% of them are girls. I'm a transvestite..I like dressing up like girls. I dance like girls every day for two hours. People taunt me in school for my girly nature and manners. All my friends have their boyfriends and girlfriends (yeah..I have two straight guys as my close friends) and it makes me feel kinda bad. I also want a loving and caring bf ..mayb near my age? I specially like tanned Indian boy of my ages..with big brown eyes and medium or skinny build..though he necessarily might be Indian.....and I do like fair people too. but yeàh ..he should not b3 fat at all..though I m à lil fat! hehe
    I speak too much ..Lol..anyway..I need help! I don't know..am I gay?

2. KittensandCandy

Hi there! :slight_smile:

You say that you have sexual feelings for guys and would like them to be living and caring but never for girls but you have had crushes on girls before, this sounds like you could be gay and biromantic.

As for being more like a girl unfortunately nobody can tell you exactly who you are only you can define how you feel. You could just be a very feminine boy, in which case don't let anyone bullying you stop you from expressing yourself the way you want :slight_smile: however if you feel like your gender is female that's ok too, your female friend sounds supportive, if you feel comfortable try talking to her about this too, maybe ask if you can borrow some of her clothes to see if they feel right for you or try out different pronouns or identities only around her until you feel you have found something that fits. (sorry this was so long ^-^)

3. Ram90

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello Uhmmhi. Welcome to EC. I'm sure you'll find support and some friends here.

I'm from India myself (South India) and I'm in the closet because I know declaring my homosexuality to the world isn't going to help me in the current scenario. It's hard, but all of us are hoping things will get better eventually.

I've had more female friends than male friends all my life. Even in school I would prefer hanging out with a group of lots of girls and some guys as opposed to playing sports with the other "masculine" guys. It was just something I was more comfortable with. Fortunately I wasn't teased as much for that, though I got my fair share of comments and heckles which I ignored.

I like to dance too, Indian Classical Dance, in the privacy of my bedroom, where I do imitate female dancers. Personally I find nothing wrong with the same, so don't be discouraged. Be however you want to, it might be difficult.

Feel free to message me on my wall anytime you want (You'll be able to do so after completing 10 posts on EC). Hope you feel better.

4. mychemromance99

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hello Uhmmhi :slight_smile:
    I'm from India too, I stay in Mumbai.

I am questioning my orienration too, I believe I'm in love with a guy, although I'm not usually attracted to guys (or girls) either.

As for being more feminine, there's no reason to be ashamed of it. It's who you are and you should be proud of it. Ignore all the jeers, don't give a hoot about what others say.

According to what you said, it seems like you are exclusively sexually attracted to guys, so yes you're probably gay. You have given no indication that you're sexually attracted to girls, yeah, you're most probably gay.

You said that you've been in relationships with girls. So it could be that you're biromantic. You could be romantically attracted to both guys and girls as well, but you're sexually attracted to guys.

Have you thought about coming out to your close friends? I'm out to all my close friends, and fortunately all of them have been supportive and accepting.

First try and test the waters....
    Umm try and bring up the topic of some LGBT celebrity, and guage their reaction. You sound like you're close to your friend.
    You could start with her. And then, you could come out to your other friends. Take it slow and steady. There's no need to rush into it.

Feel free to post on my wall, but first you need to have at least 10 posts.

Hope this helps :slight_smile: