1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I like him and it hurts me

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by questionable, Feb 19, 2016.

1. questionable

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    There's this guy from the same department here in our university. I met him while waiting in line for the submission of some excuse letters. I'm still a stranger to him, but I know him only by name and by his class section. It was my first time seeing him in the office, I literally looked at him several times and I just felt something different. Then I have this friend who knows something about him. I was of course shocked, because I had no idea he was gay too. Here's the thing, I didn't like him just because he's gay too. There's just something about him that gave me this "I want to be with him feeling" I tend to fall for people's intelligence (sapiosexual). I stalked all his social media accounts and I found some possible details about his personality. Something held me back, I saw some posts on his facebook profile and made a conclusion that he's somewhat a religious person. Well, on the other hand, I'm not a really religious person. I just feel scared to talk to him to have some formal introduction because of this matter. I have this fear about people being religious, because they might reject me about my views, but of course I know I am open minded and I respect people's beliefs.

I started lacking in sleep ever since I had this crush on him, I also feel hurt when I think about the possibilities that he might not give me a chance or something. I mean if I really want to pursue my feelings for him what things can I do to get me and him to be close or for me to get his attention in a good way? The only reason I'm asking this is because he "could" be my first boyfriend and first boy date. I'd like to seek advice from those who already had the experience regarding this situation. Anything will be appreciated and thanks in advance. :lol:

2. KittensandCandy

Well if you never approach him you'll never know and that might eat at you for a while, all the what ifs. If his religious views do invalidate your opinions and you guys have negative energy then don't hang around him, but at least then you'll know what kind of guy he is after talking to him rather than never knowing.

There was a girl I liked but she wasn't in my circle, during our lunch breaks when we were sat by ourselves I'd walk over and just start with asking 'hey, is it cool if I sit with you again today' as we got more comfortable together I'd add something sillier to make her giggle. So we'd have some time to ourselves to talk and get to know each other better. Unfortunately she had a girlfriend at the time and as time went on I managed to get my crush to pass and now were still really good friends.
    So even if nothing happens between you two something good might still come out of it :slight_smile:

3. questionable

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Aww.. That's so cute. I'll try approaching him starting this week. It will be a good opportunity cause it's our college week. Thanks for the advice. :slight_smile:

4. questionable

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    UPDATE: I finally told him that I have a crush on him and he replied, he said that: "First of all thanks, I don't know how to react to this. This is the first time someone did this to me, maybe I was only cute looking on that day you saw me, but in truth I'm not.

Could this be a sign that I could have a chance with him? If so, is there such thing as courting someone you like when that someone you like is also gay? I'm really new to these things. I'm sorry if I keep on asking questions.

5. Euler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Is that all he said? What did you exactly told him? That's sounds like a response to you telling him he looks cute.