1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questioning. Am I actually lesbian?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Groose, Feb 21, 2016.

1. Groose

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hello,
    since a few days I am questioning my sexuality. I've always seen myself as a bi and I have been in love with both men and women and also was in relationships with people from both genders.
    Sometimes I look in the mirror and have strange feelings about myself. Then I think that I don't love men at all. I am grossed out by the thought that a man touches me or that I even have sex with one. Also, I am currently having a boyfriend, with whom I am together for almost three years now. When we made love the last times, it just didn't feel right, I was bothered by him having a male body.
    Now I wonder. Why am I so grossed out by men at the moment? All of my friends are male, so I don't have a problem with them in general, it is just the intimacy with my boyfriend I cannot enjoy. I don't know why I am so confused, I mean, i've been bi all the time, so it is normal for me to be attracted to women, but suddenly I am questioning my sexuality.

I don't know what to ask you exactly, but maybe someone can help me in someway.
    Thanks a lot.

xx Groose

2. hightides

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    May b u find men emotionally more attractive... may b u don't wanna do stuff with them... may b u wanna do stuff only with women...its not unusual..

3. Groose

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    The emotion thing... could be. But how shall I tell my bofriend if this is the case...?

4. hightides

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Come clean to him about urself. I don't know if he will understand or i can't predict how he"ll react. U know it better... take ur time. When ur ready, do it...(if u still felt the same way)

5. Groose

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I think I need to give it a few more time. Thanks a lot for your advice! I am really happy about it.

6. hightides

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    U r welcome :slight_smile:

7. Elli

I'm actually in a kind of similar situation. I'm pretty sure I'm bi anyway though, but I've heard rather often that people that are bisexual could just feel more attracted to one gender and the next day they want the other more.
    Does your bf know you're bi? Maybe tell him you need some distance from the intimacy part for some time to get your thoughts together.

8. TomboyGoth

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I thought a long time that i was a bi. Now that i'm 28 years old and married i'm starting to think that i'm a lesbian. Sexuality is a bit fluid and i think it can change when we get older. Of course it can just be that you are having a phase when you are more attracted to women and then comes a phase when you are more attracted to men. It might change every once and a while. In my situation i have been more and more attracted to women and less and less to men over time. And i'm starting to lean on being lesbian. Before it was a bit of changing feeling, sometimes i thought more about women and sometimes less. But never was it this intense and maybe not this long either.

Maybe you need a little distance to all this and evaluate your feelings and think about future. What are your dreams for your future. And maybe also think that what would it be, if you could have any life you ever wanted, would there be a man or a woman in your life.