1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm Not Sure If I'm Gay Or Bisexual

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by darkskies, Feb 21, 2016.

1. darkskies

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi, lately I've been questioning if I'm gay or bisexual.
    I can appreciate that a guy is good looking but I have a stronger attraction to women and I've only really devolved feelings for them.
    I find girls way more attractive than guys. I don't know what I am, any help please?

2. darkskies

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've dated a guy in the past but I was uncomfortable, and I can only really see myself being in a happy relationship with a girl. Advice please???

3. smurf

Its one of those questions that, sadly, might not have the clearest answer for you.

There isn't a test that the Gay Counsel can run so we can, with 100% accuracy, know exactly which letter in the alphabet you are. We all wish we could tho! Wouldn't that be something.

In all seriousness, this is something that you personally have to explore and come to your own conclusions.

You should start with the basics. Looking up videos and articles so you can understand human sexuality and how that might affect you.

Based on your very short post, you could easily be a bi guy who likes having sex with guys on occasion. You could even go as far as saying you are Kinsey 1-2. Or some people go as far as saying you might be bisexual heteromonantic guy; the idea being that sexual orientation and romantic orientation are separate things.

At the end, many of us have to come to the basic decision to be happy with "whatever" we are and know that either way it will be fine.

Probably not the answer you are looking for, but hopefully some of this can spark questions that will lead you to some type of answer.

4. Groose

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    In my opinion, if it's only about liking men or women, this is not a three step scale only containing "gay", "bi" and "hetero", but also stuff in between, some people call themselves 80% gay or something. But still that is just something one has to figure out for himself. There are so many different expressions for different feelings and I can't name them.
    Also, what Smurf said.
    I assume that my answer is maybe not helpful, but I just want to emphasize that there's no right or wrong and also definitions can be fluid and interpretable. :slight_smile:

5. Elli

Wait, so you're biologically a girl right?
    Well, you don't necessarily have to be just 100% gay or 100% bisexual. You might be bisexual and just lean more towards the homosexual side.
    But if you don't desire sexual interactions with guys at all, just girls, and never crushed on a guy, but girls - then I'd guess it's more likely you're homosexual.

You don't really need to know that so fast. I don't know how old you are, but you're never too old to find out new things about you especially something like sexuality.

Good luck, don't stress yourself over this, you are who you are and that's how you're defined, not by some label.

6. mujimi

You definitely seem gay to me. Straight girls think girls are attractive (but aren't attracted to them) all the time. I think you're most likely a lesbian. If you are bi, though, that's great too.