1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

questioning my orientation in general

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by hightides, Feb 22, 2016.

1. hightides

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hi there. I hv been questioning my orientation for over a year now. Before two years, in high school me and my best frnd had a clique consisting of some other girls. I had so much fun that i thought i didn't need anyone else. My best frnd was very special for me. When i used to be with her, nobody else mattered. We used to go on chatting n enjoying. But u see she's a really really pretty girl. Really popular allover and talented. And she knew that too. She was arrogant about that(that is not relevant to this topic). Anyways, i was really possessive of her, used to feel really jealous of all her boyfriend, always wanted to hang out with her, talk to her, text her etc. I was really insecure so i didn't make frnds easily. That's why i lvd her very much. I even used to think about becoming lesbians with her. Then we had a fall out and that was one of the most hardest things i hv done. I felt heartbroken.
    Now, i am wondering, was my love for her was 'love' love?? Sexual attraction?? May be. I can't say for sure. We used to kiss and flirt with eachother sometimes. And i really used to enjoy that, and it used to turn me on.
    Well, i like girls sexually in general. I find myself mostly staring at the girl when watching or reading some erotic stuff. Guys don't turn me on. I like their personalities. But their is no sexual attraction at all. Their bits gross me out. As far as males are concerned, i like to act like them, i am a total tomboy. I relate to any male fictional characters and understand them. I am impressed by their personalities. I don't know if that counts as attraction. I would really like to know from u guys, what do u think?:help:

2. Cinis

Cinis Guest

Being impressed by someone doesn't have anything to do with sexual attraction (especially if you try to behave like them).To me it sounds pretty much like you're a lesbian...

3. hightides

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hmm.. i think that too. Just there remains a 'may be'... it just won't go :'(

---------- Post added 23rd Feb 2016 at 02:42 PM ----------

And by the way, why that quote??

4. TomboyGoth

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    If you aren't in a relationship with anyone it's a perfect time to be questioning. You can now take your time and find out what you want. That sound pretty lesbian to me. Now you can also date people and try to find out what you like.

I identified a long time as bi but i never felt especially keen on mens special parts. I used to think that no one does but now i'm not so sure. Straight women seem to like that are in a men pretty much. So that might be a good indicator. Just take it slow, don't do anything that doesn't feel right and stay safe.

5. Kiran

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not all straight women like to engage with men special parts. :wink:

6. hightides

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Yeah.. i just figured it out. I think i am a lesbian. But i am also open to dating men just to know if i swing that way. Because i remember crushing on boys when i was even younger

---------- Post added 24th Feb 2016 at 03:31 AM ----------

U know guys the problem is that, i like girls but i have also considered dating some boys and i didn't mind the idea of it. Now, the truth is, it's easy to advice someone that 'may b ur bisexual or pansexual or fluid', but it is so difficult when u consider it for urself. I would rather b just gay or just straight, it would hv been much easier then

7. Stash

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi,

Does the label really matter? And even if you labeled what you are into sexually do you have to tell the whole world? I've always felt that my sex life is my business. I was in a hetero marriage for 23 years, they were great years. That marriage ended but not because of my homosexual feelings. When the marriage ended I had a lot of opportunities to be with men and realized how much more comfortable I was. I was in a relationship with one man for 16 years. I am now married to a guy going on 4 years.
    I have 3 children from my first marriage. I didn't come out to them formally. However, they are intelligent people and of course must have questioned themselves about my sexual preference. I lived with a man in a one bedroom apartment for as I said 16 years.

My point in relating this to you is that I always made decisions based on what I would be comfortable doing. Initially, even though I questioned my sexuality as a young man, I really wanted a family. I went to therapy with that as a goal. It wasn't because I wanted to change myself, only to become comfortable with meeting, dating and marrying a woman. The therapy was successful. After the marriage ended I decided that I would be more comfortable in the company of men and so have since had many short term and two long term relationships.

Why not think about what you would be most comfortable doing and choose a path that leads to that. If you choose guys and it looks like it is getting serious in terms of a long term relationship, it seems to me only fair to mention how attracted you are to women.

Don't beat yourself up over the label, go with your gut and your heart.

I hope things work out for you.