1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My sexuality is really confusing

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by shanii, Feb 24, 2016.

1. shanii

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm pretty sure I'm bi-romantic but I don't know if I'm asexual or not.

I only find girls hot and attractive but not guys. And even if I find girls hot I don't actually want to have sex with them and the idea of it makes me uncomfortable?? I still like the idea of sex though, I just get uncomfortable when I think about myself getting involved.

So my question is:
    -if I feel sexual attraction but I never want to have sex, can I still be asexual?
    -What would I be labelled in the ace spectrum if there is?

2. Aberrance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I understand this conpletely but the opposite way round. I find guys attractive but I feel uncomfortable when thinking about actually being involved with anyone. Honestly this is your identity and whatever you feel comfortable labeling yourself as is fine, not that you need a label but sometimes it helps clear things up in your head.

Personally I don't identify as asexual even though recently I've been thinking about it, I feel as though people won't take me seriously if I keep shoving extra labels on myself, I've got enough! Bring uncomfortable with sex now doesn't necessarily mean you're asexual and are never going to be interested in it though but you can always drop the label if it starts to feel constricting. This is difficult because everyone, no matter how similar their feelings are, will want something different so you just need to think this over and decide for yourself if asexual is the label that is going to fit or if you're more comfortable with lesbian or an identity that implies liking someone. Sometimes the term asexual can put people off because it can come across as you having no attraction to people whatsoever. So that's just something to think on.