1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bisexual confusions

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Seagypsy, Feb 24, 2016.

1. Seagypsy

I don't want 'manly'........

So, I recently started liking a bisexual guy and I found out he likes me too! We have known each other for about a year but I think we both denied our attraction to each other because he was seeing a girl who I am also very close to....

Now though he's not seeing her but he is an Asian guy so his family expect him to marry someone from his own culture :frowning2:

But he is bisexual so it's hard for him..

What I wanted to mention was , one evening we really flirted and got on well, and I really felt strongly attracted to him, but the the next day I noticed he had grown a moustache! I did a double take when I saw that, and thought 'No, I don't want facial hair yuck!'

I just don't like facial hair on any guy, they are so much cuter without it! Does any other bisexual girl know what I mean when I say that? So many times I will like a guy and next thing I'd know he has grown a beard! Like they want to be more manly for me... But I don't want manly....... Is this a common bisexual dilemma? :icon_redf

#1 Seagypsy, Feb 24, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2016
  2. SHACH

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Just tell him you're not that into facial hair. Just don't do it in an insulting way. I don't have this problem as a bisexual. I like masulinity. I like women to have a smidgen of masculinity, like I'm not that into truly girly girls who are super sensitive, and I like guys to be definitely masculine. I'm not hugely into facial hair on all guys but on some guys its great and I'm not against it. But I'm pretty sure there are plenty of bi/pan people who feel similarly. Even some straight girls will have a preference for a softer look in guys and a clean-shaven face. That's fine. You're just gonna have to tell him, because him growing a moustache is not the reason you wanna be ending this for! Focus on the posotive, like, how good he looked clean-shaven, not how you hate facial hair. That's proabaly a sensitive way to do it.

3. thetasteofink

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I disagree! I like my men manly and I prefer really feminine women. I feel that it really divides what I'm into? I guess that helped me identify as bisexual as they were polar opposites?

4. Seagypsy

Thanks girls! I wouldn't end things over the facial hair issue or anything like that, it was just a bit of a surprise lol :lol:

I'm one of those people who likes a blend of traits in the people I fancy, I don't like polar opposites.
    I'm like you Shach, I like a bit of masculinity in women - but not butch - and I'm not into really girly girls either. Soft butch is what I go for. And with guys, yes I like masculinity, but in a much softer way than most straight guys tend to have.

The moustache incident was interesting, because it made me wonder, do I really like him for being a guy, or am I actually drawn to him because of the ways in which he is more feminine...??

Sometimes I think I just channelled all of my attractions for women into liking feminine men, when I was growing up, because I was taught homophobia from a very early age? I don't have much experience with either gender, (apart from the boring straight guys I kissed when I was younger who I never even fancied) but I feel like it will all become clear as I start acting more on my attractions.
    I don't think I would stop liking the guys though, but I may start to realise the real reasons why I like them, i.e. because it's like a more comfortable way of liking the things I like in girls....?? :confused:

#4 Seagypsy, Feb 25, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2016
  5. SHACH

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Yeah, I like the soft butch look. But, to clarify, also a femmey girl with a tomboyish edge is good. Or even like an older, womanly, power careerwoman type. Like, a smidgen of masculinity either in appearance or spirit. I also feel a bit of what thetasteofink was saying about enjoying the differences.

And I just think you're into more feminine guys and slightly more masculine women, and thats fine. I see why you would like a blend of both. I don't think you need to be digging into the past to determine the origins of your "type". Its just a thing that you like. Like your favourite flavour of ice-cream.

6. Seagypsy

Yum I love the power woman look too, it's awesome! :grin:

I'm just going through my issues and trying to work out whether I would prefer to date a guy or a girl and it's not easy, although I seem to have a preference for guys, bi guys that is. But what if I start dating someone and then realise I'd rather be kissing a girl..?? I'm just hoping he would be the understanding type, I guess that's the most important thing. :slight_smile:

#6 Seagypsy, Feb 26, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2016
  7. SHACH

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Yeah, I get you. I worry about what my preference is sometimes. I've concluded it's girls, but sometimes that gets me all anxious about being a lesbian in denial or something... but in a weird way feeling like that's what I'd want because I just want a gf. And then when I'm having a day where I'm feeling the guys more I'm like "you're fooling yourself, you always liked guys, since when do you like girls?", which is just ridiculous because at the same time I'm still dying inside about how my girl crush, who I thought was straight, is going out with a hot female friend of ours... Lots of emotions going round in my brain as I'm thinking about my orientation. Generally recently I feel like I've settled into a sort of kinsey 4 area, as you can see in my profile. And I'm sure that he'll be understanding.