1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i hate the term sexuality

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by thetasteofink, Feb 25, 2016.

1. thetasteofink

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello!
    I'm from the UK who's always identified as being bisexual but seemingly in the closest. As a teenager I 'hinted' with the label and always said at 16 (and then later at 18/21 and then maybe at 25) I would confidently apply a sexuality to myself, but it hasn't happened yet. In the past I admitted my feelings to friends but I get the feeling it was never taken seriously. I've joined this forum as I'd love to have somebody to talk to! I just feel that if I came out people in my life wouldn't understand it, so I'm currently living in this secret bubble in my head and would love to climb out of it a little!

2. Aberrance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Why do you feel as though they won't understand? A lot of people are becoming more aware of LGBT+ identities, especially in the younger generations, and are more accepting of them. You shouldn't have to feel as though you're living in your own bubble but similarly you shouldn't feel pressured to come out. Are you scared to or just worried people wouldnt take you seriously? Because who cares what they think? Bisexuality is a legitimate identity no matter what others think. If you've told those close to you and you end up with a girl you can't say you didn't warn them. I hope you decide to do what makes you happy soon because it seems as though this has been weighing on your shoulders for way too long.