1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this weird?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by GayNurse95, Feb 28, 2016.

1. GayNurse95

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Two years ago, I thought I was a lesbian. I dated a girl and thought it was alright. Then I started transitioning into a man and discovered I was gay (for men) and not for women. I'm confused on how this happened and hope to get an explanation on something like this, if possible.

2. Mr Spock

Well if I was you I would think it had something to do with hormones maybe, but also remember that people's sexualities can shift over time, it is allowed.

3. Innsanchez

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    :icon_big
    Indeed :icon_bigg

4. Seahawksfan

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's. Very Interesting Maybe You always thought you were lesbian A d then you experimented and the realized it wasn't for you and then figured out that you actully like guys if your young a contributing factor may be hormone's sexuality changed as the other guy Says take your time figuring out your sexuality and remember being gay is not a choice it's just who you are and you shouldn't Feel Bad about it!

5. GayNurse95

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I didn't want people to think that I was "choosing" my sexuality. No. It was just what time does to me.
    Thanks for your help everyone

6. Gravity7

Gravity7 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yeah..it is kinda same with me....in your early days of questioning sexuality ....you probably thought that you were a guy but couldn't accept it...so you ended up convincing yourself that I'm a lesbian & its right for me to love girls....bt as you discovered you are trans....you accepted yourself as a guy & felt like its right for you to love that gender you are...probably that is the case...coz I've gone through same...I hope that helps....that is confusing really...but I was confused too & ended up with this conclusion... & it helped a bit to solve the problem

#6 Gravity7, Feb 29, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2016
  7. Vav

Vav Guest

I think it's because feeling attracted to people is also about how people interact with you. You probably felt uncomfortable with how men treated you when you were presenting as female. Now that you're being seen as a guy it's easier to feel attracted to men.