1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm married to a man but I fantasize about women

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Mystruggle, Feb 29, 2016.

1. Mystruggle

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    I'm in my thirties, have always considered myself to be a straight female. Although as a child I was a bit of a tomboy, my attraction was always to males. It wasn't until I entered adulthood that I began to wonder what it would be like yo be with a female. I've gone through phases where I become curious and crave that experience with a woman. I've never acted on those impulses, mainly because the opportunity hadn't slapped me in the face, and I was to shy/nervous to go looking for it. The phase eventually passes and I go back to my heterosexual life, until something happens that gets me curious again, it's a cycle, but I've always wondered. I've been married, to a man, for 9 years and we have 2 beautiful children, I love my family including my husband, but as happens in many relationships, the butterflies flew away. The older I get and the further I drift from my relationship the more I wonder about my sexuality. I fantasize about women more and more as time passes. I now wish I had gone looking for that opportunity years ago, before commitment, but my feeling weren't as strong back then. Now it's a feeling I can't shake, a craving that doesn't go away. My female fantasy excites me in a way that I don't quite understand. I don't know what it means or how to react. Does it mean that I'm bisexual and only now figuring it out? Or am I just bored and looking for a once in a lifetime adventure? And either way...what the hell am I supposed to do about it at this point...I'm not 16 anymore....so confused

Mistyfied likes this.
  2. lookingtohelp

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I can honestly say i know exactly how you feel. Its the worst feeling in the world. I had the exact same feelings. I wasn't married tho just living with my partner. I always had attractions to woman. Just tried to hide them. I was really unhappy and felt empty. Then i acted on my feelings and have never looked back!!!
    If you want to talk or ask any questions fire away.

3. Seahawksfan

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Take a few deep breaths You may be lesbian you could be bisexual either way Take your time there's no rush Figure out what you like For sure and if it be girls or both either way It is not wrong to be like that everyone Got the ability to love what ever sex they wants whether oppsite or same Be proud of who you are and don't let the homophobic remarks Put you down!

4. Mystruggle

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Thanks for the support, and you're right I am a little afraid to be gay....not because of labels stereotypes or homophobia though.....I'm scared because I don't want to tear apart my family. I'm want very much to embrace this new found side of myself and explore my sexuality, but I'm torn, do I suppress these feelings and burry them deep for the sake of my family, when I know deep down this desire isn't going anywhere? Or do I risk turning my family upside down to fulfill some selfish need of my own

5. Seahawksfan

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey I'm sorry About that when you come out to family at first it's going to be different but I find most People's family will accept there son/daughter because it dosen't change you your still there Child they love and nothing will never stop loving you I'm sure you won't tear apart your family no you shouldn't ever burry your feelings I'm gay I tried that two years ago I denied myself for two years And I finally accepted myself if you just go into extreme denial it does more harm than good it out me in a deep state of depression You don't have a selfish need Uour only human Just like everyone else With the exception of not liking what society wants us to like but that's okay Because We're different in sexuality but that doesn't make us diffrent in anyother way I see your also from Newfoundland awesome haha

6. Mystruggle

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    The family I'm referring to particularly are my husband and kids. I can't have both a simple family life as well as explore my interest in women, someone is bound to get hurt in that situation. If in fact I'm lesbian the desire to be with a woman will likely consume me and I won't be able to live without it, not to mention I will likely lose all desire to be with my husband. If I'm bisexual then I should be able to be content with either sex it will just be a shame if I didn't experience both

7. Distant Echo

Just be aware that often, when you first start exploring g this. That your hormones can make you feel like an obsessed teenager. Seriously. Very distracting.
    That settles down, but it can be very easy to get carried away.