1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

idk im sorry

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by alexandrite, Mar 1, 2016.

1. alexandrite

I'm a female and I have no idea if I like boys or girls or both, but I know I've been extremely attracted to girls lately....which makes me worried about the future

it seems stupid but I feel like I'll be letting down my entire family if I marry a girl (which I really want to do) and I don't want to disappoint them. I also don't want kids but I feel like I might when I'm older and for some reason i would want to have the kids be me and my partner biologically but I know that's not possible. I know adoption is available but I can't shake that weird feeling. ughh I'm sorry this whole thing sounds dumb I'm really tired it's like 1 AM but I can't stop thinking about my future and it's scaring me to death

2. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Your concerns aren't "dumb." It's completely natural to have such thoughts.

Family can be a tough one, but sometimes you find support in the place you'd least expect it. And in any case, you have those here at EC to talk with if you ever need to.

Go easy on yourself. Take time to work through your sexuality. This stress will pass and perhaps one day you shall meet that perfect woman and have children of your own.

3. H20

H20

Kodo is right. Your concerns are dumb at all and a very natural. Family is often the number one reason we hesitate in deciding to accept our sexuality, but whether you like girls, boys, or both, it's who you are and you can't change that. Some parents do get upset, some don't, and others might need time to come around, however, it's still your life and it's distressing to worry about disappointing other people because you don't want to let them down. BUT if you don't be who you are you'll only just disappoint yourself and it won't matter if your parents would be upset with you maybe one day marrying girl. What I mean by this is that you'll always know that this is what you think you might want and if you try not to disappoint them and sacrifice your happiness, you'll be miserable and wondering what could have been.

I'm not saying to totally disregard them. I am saying that you should consider your own happiness just as equally.

Also, right now, you seem like you're leaning more towards being lesbian, however, you say you're still kinda attracted to boys. SO either (a) your concerns about your family might be acting as a barrier to accepting your being into girls or (b) you're still bisexual but you're currently digging the ladies more than the gentlemen right now. QUite a few bis have preferences or their tastes fluctuates. Attraction isn't always 50/50 with bisexuality and when people wonder if they're bi or gay, they don't know that possible and so they don't consider that, which causes a lot of stress because they think it has to be 50/50.

But again, as Kodo said, take your time. It's frustrating, it's stressful, but panicking over it and being impatient will not be good for you. Your confusion makes you impatient, but at the same time you might not be ready to acknowledge it yet, not completely, or you just need that "Aha!" moment. In the meantime, just consider being open-minded.

Also, it might help to ask yourself questions such as when you go out, do you find yourself checking out both guys and girls, or just the girls, or just the girls? If both, what make the girl/boy interesting? Or think about your future. You're already able to picture yourself marrying a girl. Can you do the same with a guy? I know your profile says you're only 16, but if you were to ever get sexual, can you see yourself being with a boy or see yourself receiving or giving pleasure with a girl?

Again, if you don't have the answers to these questions immediately, it's okay. It takes time for it to clear up. And you've got nothing but time.

4. H20

H20

If you do end up with a female partner and want kids, adoption isn't the only option. I forget to mention this in my other post, but you or your partner could get a semen donation and have a doctor medically insert it to get the semen to the eggs, in which case the child would be biologically yours if you go through this process, or biologically your partner's. Or the other choice is to have a surogate, which you'd also still require the semen donation, but if you don't want to go through the pregnancy yourself another person would. The baby would still biologically be yours though because the doctors would put the semen and your egg together. I don't know what it's called, but if you decide one day you want kids and you have a female partner, it's just an option to consider.

5. LizSibling13

LizSibling13 Guest

Not only that but I read that soon, a same sex couple can make sperm from your cell (two females) or eggs from cells (two guys).:eusa_clap

#5 LizSibling13, Mar 2, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
  6. youngnbeautiful

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Two women can have a baby and it biologically be both of theirs!