1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Skoliosexual ?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by The Wolf, Mar 9, 2016.

1. The Wolf

Skoliosexuality means a potential sexual attraction to non-binary identified individuals. This does not generally describe an attraction to specific genitalia or birth assignments.
    Basically, I think I'm attracted to woman(but I have never had a girlfriend) and I'm (VERY) attracted by transsexuals(especially the feminine ones) and recently I've discovered that I feel attracted by....men's genitals(especially when they're big) :eusa_doh:
    I feel very confused..can you help me?

2. PatrickUK

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Skoliosexuality is a very niche term that most people will fail to recognise or understand. If it really works for you, that's fine, but if you mention it to most people they will struggle to relate or be able to offer help and support and that's why I think you would be better sticking to the bi-curious label that you have already stated as your orientation on here.

I don't know how old you are, but it sounds like you need to give yourself time and space to explore some of your feelings. In the meantime, the bi-curious label would seem to be a reasonable fit. Don't 'pigeon hole' yourself too soon and do try to stick to the widely accepted terms that people understand, if you can. You will get more help and support that way.

3. The Wolf

Thank you for advice :slight_smile:

4. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I totally agree with Patrick.

Remember that, of course, you are free to use whichever label you want. However, the primary function of a label, just like other words, are to serve us with a communication purpose. If you use a label that is too specific, the word loses its primary function, as you will need to explain its meaning almost every time you bring it up.

Also, remember that sexuality isn't exact, like a number. If we wanted, we could create a different label for everyone, based on the slight differences we have. That, of course, wouldn't help anyone.

Again, it is important that you feel comfortable, but, for those reasons, I don't recommend using a label that most people don't know. You can use a simpler one and, if needed, explain the variations that you feel, instead of explaining and discussing the whole label.

5. The Wolf

Ok, so I can say that I'm Bisexual?

6. Seagypsy

Yes I would call it Bisexual.

I'm sort of Skoliosexual too as I love androgynous people and nearly always fancy other bisexuals, but that doesn't mean they're not cisgender identified

7. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It doesn't actually sound like skoliosexual even describes you, given that you haven't said anything about being attracted to nonbinary people. I think the others are right to say that bisexual probably fits better.

8. flyingsublime8

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You could even say pansexual/ polysexual. That is the attraction to all/ multiple genders. Where I'm from pansexual is a more accepted/ recognized label.