1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to not label myself

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by sabrinaa, Mar 10, 2016.

1. sabrinaa

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So I am getting kind of scared. My workplace is diverse and open with people of all sexual orientations. Conversations about sexuality, relationships and experience pop up often. And I really don't want anyone to ask me about my sexual orientation or experience (I have none with either gender).

I'm not just paranoid. I have been asked my sexual orientation (and experience) at my previous workplace. I guess since I am athletic and don't really dress girly, I kind of give off a vibe that makes people wonder. They are correct, I just don't want them to know that.

How do I tell people my sexual orientation without actually telling them? How can I label myself? Keep in mind I am in the closet. I don't want people to think I am straight, that feels wrong to call myself straight, but I don't want them to know I am queer if that makes any sense.

I'm just trying to find a good label for myself that does not put me in a box for the moment, but is also not some complicated explanation.

2. SHACH

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I understand this.When you know you're queer but you don't want to be boxed in but at the same time you need something to call yourself but nothing quite fits. I've come out to my best friend as bi which doesn't really box me into either gender but I don't really like it. I mean "queer" is a pretty catch all term you can use. You can just say "I don't do labels" if you really don't want to pick anything. Or you can be pretty honest and say "I'm not sure". Nobody worth knowing is going to bully you for not being sure.