1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

biromantic?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by diamondeyes, Mar 12, 2016.

1. diamondeyes

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    At first I thought I was only romantically attracted towards men but now I'm thinking I may be biromantic.

Although I can image having romantic relationship with men I sometimes feel uncomfortable or nervous thinking about a relationship with a man. While with women I feel more comfortable and just generally safer around them. I'm a little confused if this is legitimate or I'm just experiencing anxiety or fear towards men for some reason.

Also with men I can easily pinpoint instances where I was romantically attracted to someone but with women it's more difficult. A few times I've seen pictures of women and experienced some kind of attraction and the more I think about it the more the idea sounds appealing.

But my lack of even considering women in a romantic light could also be because of my religious upbringing. My father is a pastor and I've been going to church since I was born and my parents have often voiced their displeasure with gay marriage being legalized in the U.S. and often talk about LGBT+ people in a bad light. So maybe I've been repressing these feelings since for me that was never an option and admitting that I'm not only interested in men makes my life ten times more complicated. :icon_sad:

2. Chinaski

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey. I unfortunately don't really have any advice since I'm going through something similar myself. I just wanted to let you know you're not alone though.

3. diamondeyes

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thanks for replying anyway it means a lot

4. Chinaski

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No worries. I'm trying to figure out if I'm biromantic as well (or bisexual with a very low sex drive) so I don't know if I can help but feel free to discuss this further if you want. Anyway, I hope you find some answers soon.