1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need to vent.

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by wildflowers, Mar 15, 2016.

1. wildflowers

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I haven't told anyone about this and I need to vent. I'm a 26-year-old female. I've been hurt by men a lot in my life, starting from a very early age. In my childhood, I reacted by being fearful and avoidant of men. My friends were all girls. I may have thought a boy or girl was cute here and there, but when a boy who had a crush on me tried to hold my hand in high school, I felt violated and disgusted. By college, I took the attention from males and used it to try to make myself feel better. I didn't like any of them. My family is very conservative and religious so I have never dared to date a female. I'm a Christian and I have always had to shove the urge out of my head. Also, I feel protective over females and distrustful of men. So I wouldn't have gone out with a female unless I was willing and able to commit. After a handful of intense relationships with men who have hurt me in some way or another (verbal/physical abuse, control, cheating) and who I could never love past the "best friend" stage, I rushed into marriage with a "good Christian man". I thought that committing to this would give me stability and that I would be able to make him happy. I'm miserable. He's in love with me, but he has issues with anger, negativity, jealousy, possessiveness- all traits that I have done anything to avoid. I'm praying for our marriage, and my faith is strong. But I can't shake this feeling that I made a mistake in marrying a man because I will never be able to love him like he wants me to. I'm a calm and kind person so I try my best to make him happy, but I know I don't trust him or respect him. I don't know if I'm bisexual and have been hurt too much by men to be a good wife to one, or if I'm a lesbian and just enjoy close friendship with men but can't love one.