1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question for people whose romantic and sexual orientations don't align

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by DragonsInSpace, Mar 16, 2016.

1. DragonsInSpace

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So, for anyone who is, for example, a homoromantic heterosexual -or any other combination like that- has having differing romantic and sexual orientations ever had an affect on your relationships?

See, for a while now I've identified as a homoromantic bisexual but I think I'm less physically attracted to girls than I previously thought, however I'm still attracted to them romantically and would only seek out relationships with girls. I was just curious if anyone has had any experience with this sort of thing before because I've never been in a relationship with anyone so idk. :/

2. JaggedPrism

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I haven't really been in a relationship since figuring myself out, but perhaps my two cents will be useful.

I like the dudes. A LOT. But, after thinking for most of my life that I didn't like women at all, I realized that there is a kind of attraction there. I have an abstract appreciation for the beauty of the human body, whatever its form or shape. I also think the female orgasm is an amazing sublime thing and I like the idea of being on the giving end of it. But even with all that, I am not truly sexually attracted to women. For instance, I don't understand the appeal of breasts and the thought of a vagina does not interest me as does the thought of a penis.

So, while I haven't been in a relationship, I worry that my particular brand of genderfluidity will be a stumbling block and whether I can find someone else whose interests mesh with mine.

3. DragonsInSpace

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Huh, interesting. I think I have the same feeling towards women as you do. Thanks for responding, and I hope you manage to find someone you click with. :slight_smile: