1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Didn't know I was gay (thought I was pan)

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Clairity95, Mar 25, 2016.

1. Clairity95

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm having trouble finding out if this is something that happens to other people. I thought I was pansexual and I blamed all the issues with my boyfriend on various other things because I cared for him and he was very good at doing the stuff I like in bed so I thought I liked sex with penises.

Looking back, most of our problems happened because I'm actually gay. By gay I mean I like vaginas. I prefer androgyny, require a vagina, and am open to non-binary people, so it gets really complicated. I really don't like penises so I'm pretty sure they're a deal breaker.

If I could pick my ideal partner I'd go for an androgynous person with a vagina. I don't want cis-ladies that are really feminine and I don't want trans men that are really masculine.

However, I'm definitely more into butch women than anything else. Way more.

SO can I call myself lesbian?

2. SHACH

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Yeah, I think so. I mean, if there weren't lesbians like you butch girls would never get a date. I think its common enough.

3. HerrinDesFeuers

I also thought that I was pansexual until I noticed that I don't want to have sex with a penis. But I still can find all kinds of people very attractive, whether they are feminine, masculine or androgynous. I can even be attracted to men, as long as they keep their pants on.
    Nevertheless I consider myself a lesbian.