1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does it make me bi to flirt with guys

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Vav, Mar 28, 2016.

1. Vav

Vav Guest

I sometimes like to flirt with guys if I know they won't ask for anything else or play power games. I'm scared this means I'm bi. I don't want to be a girl who's into guys. It makes me feel weak.

2. HerrinDesFeuers

As long as you are not attracted to them, you are not bi.
    I sometimes flirt with guys without even noticing.

3. TXTurbo90

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Exactly... Many guys who are completely straight have flirted with me. Flirting is just a way of showing affection to someone whether it be sexual or platonic.

Why are you afraid of being bisexual? It sounds like you have some sort of internalized heterophobia or biphobia... Is it because you feel like you have already figured yourself out as being a lesbian?

4. killswitch0029

I wouldn't overthink it if I were you. I flirt with girls from time to time but that doesn't mean I'm bi. As long as it doesn't go beyond flirting it's really nothing to get yourself worked up about.

5. guitar

I flirt with women all the time. I'm a flirt, what can I say? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

That doesn't make me attracted to them though.

#5 guitar, Mar 28, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
  6. Vav

Vav Guest

I just don't like the idea of liking men. It makes me feel weak for some reason. If I had no feelings for girls, I wouldn't mind liking guys. It would just be normal and default for me. I feel the happiest when I think of myself as queer or gay. I know you can be queer and into men, but I still have that fear of being weak.

7. lnamae

lnamae Guest

...I don't think flirting really equates to sexual interest. I used to flirt with people a lot unintentionally who I had no interest in :confused: Until I got into a relationship, then I made sure that I stopped. Plus I didn't want to like... cross lines with friendships and stuff or let it be misinterpreted.

I don't really understand the feeling weak for liking men thing though... But you don't have to explain yourself.

That's just what I think about the flirting thing, anyway. I don't think it points *that much* to interest/orientation. Looking back, I used to do it more when I was nervous in general talking to someone... For some reason?

#7 lnamae, Mar 29, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
  8. GayPugs

I flirt with guys. I like stringing them along and then breaking their hearts by telling them I'm a lesbian. And if does not make you weak to like guys. Plus, you could marry someone of the opposite gender but still be gay. Doing something with someone doesn't mean you like them. You could date a guy but not have any actual romantic feelings for him because your gay. You wouldn't be bi just because you dated him. You might be homoflexible...but not bi. It all depends on what you feel inside not what you do outside.