1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Im gay but the other night i felt love for a girl

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by bungholio124, Mar 29, 2016.

1. bungholio124

So basically before I found out I was gay I went out with women.(never had sex though)
    And this girl was my ex. I threw a kick back at my house and one of my friends decided to bring her along. I immediatly felt attracted to her like the old days. Long story short, I was drunk and she was drunk and all of our friends left but she stayed with me. I felt this huge urge to hug her and then out of nowhere I whispered that I missed her so much. She looked up at me and I stared into her eyes and boom I went in for the kiss. The rest was history.
    Hands down the best thing that ever happened to me in my whole life. Now I havent felt like this for a girl in a very long time and everything felt so right in that moment. I told her how i felt and I just went for it.

Now I am scared that this feeling will somehow fade and hurt her. I wouldnt want to do that..

Any one else ever feel this way about a girl? Am I bi and not fully gay?

Never been with a guy and just recently came out.. any thoughts appreciated.

2. killswitch0029

In the past I've dated girls I had serious feelings for but wound up learning and accepting the fact that I was gay. Not saying that you are gay, but it could deal more with her as a person and not necessarily as a girl. There have been some people where although they might not feel any sense of attraction towards a certain gender in general, there may be a specific person of that gender that they have feelings for. It's possible that you could be gay and have attraction for her for who she is as a person or it's possible that you could be bi.

Overall just remember that sexuality is a hell of thing to try and completely understand. Hope I've helped you out in some way :slight_smile:

3. treasure1996

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Your probably Bi or perhaps your pan sexual or even only have romantic feelings for the same sex? Try look into the different labels and see what suits you... in saying that though, why feel the need to put a label on yourself right away! Let yourself feel whatever you shall feel and it will come to you through time and experience. :slight_smile:

#3 treasure1996, Mar 29, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
  4. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Just wanted to say, it's totally possible to be gay and feel love for someone of the opposite sex. Family members? Those you are in a relationship with? It might not be the same type, but it's there. Unless you've experienced love with someone of the same-sex, it's hard to compare and make a conclusion.

Also, the lines between straight, bisexual, and gay are very fuzzy, and plenty of us fall into "grey areas" rather than opposing points. Have you felt this way towards any other girls? What about guys? It might be better to focus on what you notice more, rather than specific instances alone.

I mean, married men and women can stay with their spouses for years, until one person comes along and throws their world upside down. After that, there's no looking back. When you say you've never had sex, was that just out of circumstances, or were you uncomfortable with the idea?

Obviously, you wouldn't have come out if you didn't have reason to, and it probably didn't happen on a whim, either.

5. Confuseddude

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Do you have any sexual attraction to her? Love can completely transcend sexual orientation (somebody already gave the great example of family members) but sexual attraction generally cannot.

6. BioEngMan1

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've found there is no controlling attraction or love -- it just takes over and there it is. The more I just gave in to it and stopped trying to cram myself into a label I was a happier person. Be honest with her always and tell her "I don't know" if you don't know -- the worst thing to happen is to make promises then find you can't fill them. Just go slow and let the labels stay on the food :slight_smile: