1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Heterosexual & Homoemotional?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Lye, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Lye

Lye

Anyone feel this way?

In my case, it took me 23 years to realize that I'm not straight when I acknowledged the fact that the feelings I had for a female classmate was a puppy love.

I had been fond of nice girls throughout adolescence but never felt a sense of longing for them. But the gay thing is, I never got emotionally attached to any of the guys that I dated--only had a mild sexual/romantic attraction. So I always moved on quickly & decided to have open relationships since I didn't feel invested in any of them.

Even after my realization, I still don't have any desires to get sexual with females. No room for lust since the connection feels too innocent & tender lol. I long for emotional dependency and a deep sense of understanding, which would exist between spouses. And I think there's a very slim chance of me feeling this way with guys. That plus my low sex drive makes me think that I'd probably end up with a girl, but I'm wondering if anyone had experienced a purely emotional attraction that becomes sexualized.

Thanks for reading :slight_smile:

2. YinYang

There is sexual attraction, and there's romantic attraction. These two orientations usually line up, but they don't have to. For example, I'm asexual but panromantic. You sound heterosexual and homoromantic, which is a completely valid orientation :slight_smile:

3. Dobby

Out Status:
    A few people
    I can relate to this thread quite a bit! hope you don't mind me asking, what does it mean to be heterosexual but homoromantic?

thanks

4. YinYang

Sexual attraction is who you want to have sex with, romantic attraction is who you would like to date. (keep in mind I'm summarizing quite a lot, check out https://lgbtq.unc.edu/asexuality-attraction-and-romantic-orientation for full definitions) Heterosexual is feeling sexual attraction to the opposite gender and homoromantic is feeling romantic attraction to the same gender.

5. wanderinggirl

I came out late and something similar with me. But I don't separate romantic and sexual orientation for myself; rather I think that once I have feelings for a woman the physical attraction follows, whereas with guys I could potentially sleep with them without romantic feelings. But that's also ended in disaster, so, not really... but yea basically my attractions are different. Does that make sense?