1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to meet single gay/bi men and experiment with my sexuality safely?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by wiganbolton1986b, Mar 31, 2016.

1. wiganbolton1986b

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Keeping things anonymous in line with your policies here.

I am 30, from the United Kingdom, male. I have Asperger's Syndrome (diagnosed at a young age).

In general, I am attracted to women, but also towards some men as well - 99.98% women, 0.1% men.

However, my problem is how to find a partner, I have never been on a date before in my life with anyone, regardless of gender.

I never really dated much before now, because it was hard for me to find a partner anyway, and I had other life issues going on over the past few years (too personal to go into detail here).

I've decided to just accept it, and realize that there's nothing wrong with my attractions (does this technically make me bisexual, or pansexual, not sure here?)

My problem is where to meet people; although I have friends, they're older than me and married, and also, my area is a fairly quiet town, commuter suburb, with the Acacia Avenue stereotypes etc. It's fairly conservative, older population largely, some retirees etc. in my area. I live in a small town in the Northwest of England.

Since I've decided to accept this part of my sexuality, what sort of activities are good places for me to meet gay/bi men for a long-term relationship? Online dating has never really worked for me (looking at men who wanted men on there it was mainly hookups or casual sex, neither of which I wanted) and the only people that wanted long-term relationships were in or around London, 3-4 hours away by road for me! Not good, since it's too far for even a long-distance relationship.

Going to a gay bar probably wouldn't be useful for now, because I'm on medication I can't really drink more than one alcoholic drink.

For me, it's not about the sex, but a relationship; a "proper" relationship with all the usual things that happen in a long-term relationship.

Any advice is appreciated.

#1 wiganbolton1986b, Mar 31, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
  2. wiganbolton1986b

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Since I cannot edit my original post - some additions:

I have had feelings for men, but it was a few years ago (2013), I was out with my family in London (had a relative living down there at the time), saw this guy who I thought was attractive coming out of one of the gay bars, all I remember was he had an accent, sounded either American or Canadian (for me, for some reason, accents are one of my turn-ons, I guess), I thought he was attractive, but decided not to act on my feelings. I didn't have time to even visit a gay bar anyway back then. By the way, information has been genericised for privacy.

However, most of my feelings have been (and are) for women, to be honest.

3. killswitch0029

If you try doing a quick Google search like "places to meet gay men in (wherever you live)" you can usually find places in your area where gay people congregate and hang out.

4. wiganbolton1986b

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thanks! :wink:

I did try searching for that but not much for my town or the one up the road, sadly.