1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Could I be kinda gay?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Inattention, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Inattention

Alright, well. To start off, a bit of a profile about myself. Asexual and have always thought myself to be heteroromantic. Have only dated guys and have never felt anything for other girls. And although I am asexual, I would like to try sex sometime, but I would only do it with another guy. So yeah, it's always been dudes.

I talk to others on the internet quite often. Recently, I built a friendship with a female trans person. She is not very far in transitioning yet. I've seen exactly one selfie of hers and when I heard her voice in voice chat playing a video game with her, she sounded very much male.
    I'm describing this because I feel like my subconscious probably registers her as male, based on her physical traits, confusing the whole "possibly kinda gay" thing.
    I don't video chat with her and I've voice chatted with her on only one occassion, so I also don't get to hear/see those still-male traits often at all.

But anyway, she confessed a crush for me recently (which is honestly cute and flattering). I felt something. Something subconscious to reciprocate that, I guess, that felt like small flutterings of love (that feeling stuck around for a few hours but it's gone now)? But I'm not quite crushing on her yet. I also know I wouldn't be against trying out a relationship with her someday down the road.
    Anyway, even though I'm not crushing on her, that small feeling has been enough to bring me questioning. I mainly talk to her online through messaging, so my brain generally does not get a good sense of the gender of the person I'm talking to (because of a lack of visual). And whatever I've seen/heard of her means that the only memories I have of her physical atttributes are very masculine, so... To me, it feels like a funky situation. I accept that she is female and use the right pronouns, so based on those small feelings, is there a possibility I could actually be slightly homoromantic?

Man, this post is kinda a mess. I'm really tired. Anyway, thanks for any help.

2. wanderinggirl

Sure. there is that possibility. :slight_smile: or she's an exception. Or you're perceiving her as male. How would things go forward in the future ideally? Do you see yourself involved romantically with someone in the future and if so, who?