1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confusion after having straight sex? Has anyone else experienced this?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by peak, Apr 2, 2016.

1. peak

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I identify as female and I've been mildly attracted to men my whole life. I've always wanted men to like me and I waited until I found someone really special until I lost my virginity (which was about a year ago), I thought straight sex would be great and I fantasised about it a lot beforehand. I've been incredibly confused since having sex. I had a very strong connection with the guy I had sex with and I felt comfortable with him, I also wouldn't describe the sensation as a feeling of guilt, but it just felt so wrong. I was anticipating having sex with him but when it actually happened I wanted it to end, it didn't feel physically uncomfortable but emotionally unnatural. I didn't want to have sex with him afterwards and, to his dismay, I ended our relationship abruptly. In the year that has elapsed I've constantly been pondering relationships and attraction. I don't look at men the same way anymore and I have a desperate desire to make out with someone of the same sex. Looking back at my younger years I would never have considered my self to have had a crush on another girl but if I really think about it my girl envy might have actually been revealing something more significant. The female friendships I have had are often very immersive and sometimes relationship-like. I daydream about women and no longer experience any sexual arousal at the thought of men. I'm just overwhelmed at how much my entire perspective on relationships has swayed since I lost my virginity. Is this abnormal? Should I try having sex with another male? How could losing my virginity have created all of this confusion?

2. Orchidea123

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    It is not always that people have their first, or second, or third, etc. sexual encounter satisfying to their expectations. It takes takes time and the right person or few.
    Maybe your disappointment has put more confusion in place - take your time, there is no rush.
    Romantic attraction and connection aids sexual attraction and satisfaction. So maybe wait till you get into another relationship and don't rush to any conclusions for now.