1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When you see a hot girl?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by sabrinaa, Apr 3, 2016.

1. sabrinaa

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am just curious about something. I want to know if lesbians see women the same way straight men do.

The way straight men just stare at women and seem to always think about sex and their objectification of women. Do lesbians think the same way? Is it different? Does it depend on the person?

I have always found that I have trouble objectifying both men and women so I am a little confused if I am even feeling the same way others do about anything. I already know I do not see hot men exactly the same way as my straight friends do. I don't think I would ever enjoy a "magic mike" type show so I am curious if I also see women differently.

Of course I notice a hot girl and look at her, but not as intensely or aggressively as it seems others do. I've never really watched a girl walk by and think "damn, I really want to do that person" it's more like "wow, that person is beautiful". And it seems like I stare more at their face than anything else. I don't really as care much for staring at body parts as it seems others do.

2. OutofZCloset

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think what your saying is probably how most girls are. Women tend to look for intimacy first more than men. A personal connection is more attractive to me at first. Then I'll probably want to jump their bones. :slight_smile:

3. StarInkbright

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It probably depends on the person - different people will experience attraction in different ways. Personally I like staring at women's bodies, and I tend to think "damn they're gorgeous" but, maybe mostly because I'm a very literal person, I don't think "damn I really want to do that person."
    I personally wouldn't call it objectification, either - I think it's only objectification if you don't treat the people you stare at as having value outside of being stare-at-able, but that might just be my usage of the word.

---------- Post added 3rd Apr 2016 at 09:01 PM ----------

It probably depends on the person - different people will experience attraction in different ways. Personally I like staring at women's bodies, and I tend to think "damn they're gorgeous" but, maybe mostly because I'm a very literal person, I don't think "damn I really want to do that person."
    I personally wouldn't call it objectification, either - I think it's only objectification if you don't treat the people you stare at as having value outside of being stare-at-able, but that might just be my usage of the word.

4. Really

Everybody is different but I'll bet most women are closer to you than you imagine. I also don't see other women and have instant visceral reactions. I have found that I quite like necks and ankles. No idea why. Haha. But I still need to have at least an inkling of their personality before my brain even goes there. And it doesn't happen very often, at all.

5. Bobsleigh1

Bobsleigh1 Guest

I don't leave the house much so... I don't see people I find attractive very often, but, when I do see someone, I don't think like the stereotypical GUY would, it's more like 'She's beautiful, i wish I could learn more about her.' Then, for the rest of the day, if I happen to see her again I just can't stop staring when she passes by !
    Of course I DO find myself thinking about her body as well as her face and personality, usually a girl's legs or hairstyle is what catches my eye, but everyone's different, don't let what me or anyone else does sway your decision on your sexuality.
    Also, I agree with StarInkBright. I don't think it should be called objectification in this situation, that sounds hurtful. What this is is merely a simple appreciation of someone's good qualities~
    I feel like I maybe went a little off topic but I hope this could help you out either way !
    - Umi

6. Awesome

In college in Massachusetts, from Pennsylvania
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Honestly, when I am talking to a girl with big boobs that aren't covered, it takes a substantial effort not to look at her chest. That being said, my crushes tend to be about feeling an emotional connection to a person more than about looks. In fact, how I feel about a person greatly influences how physically attractive I find them. There was once a new girl at school who I, at first, thought was pretty. Then, she was rude and condescending towards me. After that, I could barely stand her face. This has happened multiple times. I tend to get crushes after getting to know people. I think it goes without saying that I don't believe in love at first sight. I sometimes randomly find someone sexy, but that isn't the same as being into them.

7. AngelDragonfly

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think it definitely depends on what your orientation. I'm bi, not lesbian, but I do tend to think more of a person than sex object. So yea, depends on the person, and the person in question. :eusa_thin:bulb::roflmao:

8. confusedbubble

Ha ha I saw a gorgeous woman the other day and for the first time in ages I couldn't stop looking at her thinking I'd do her, she had a perfect figure, perfect arse and I mean she was perfect. I felt like a bit of a creep looking all the time usually I tend to go for personality before looks, but this was different I even said to my friend I felt like a pervert but he agreed she was fit

9. Foxfeather

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    You are very similar to me. I like breasts and all, but I like beauty more than sexy because beauty IS sexy for me. That's why, even though fashion models are flat, I love how many of them look.

I've had moments where I've looked at a girl and thought, "I'd tap that" in a way a frat guy would, but at the same time, I'm more fascinated with her hair than her breasts or any other body part.

---------- Post added 4th Apr 2016 at 09:43 PM ----------

Oh, absolutely! Some people are beautiful but lack people skills.