1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Continuing confusion affecting mental health

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by localobserver, Apr 3, 2016.

1. localobserver

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hello EC, I joined earlier following reading a thread on here regarding sexual orientation issues.

I am a 19 year old London boy. When I was around 6 I remember playing with girls and hugging behind curtains (cheeky I know) and thinking I liked them. When I was 10 I kissed my first girl and enjoyed it. I find girls very attractive and enjoy spending time with them. As a musician (a lot of piano music and a bad childhood including abuse and neglect) some of my tunes were melancholy and probably lead to a lot of people have thought of me as maybe not 100% straight. There have been one or two times where people have asked me about my orientation and has lead to me being very worried and confused. In the street all I can think about is this confusion as I have never done anything with another guy. When I'm trying not to focus I find myself drawn to either female faces or male bodies. Hugging or kissing girls get me erect and I feel like I find female faces way more attractive than guys. I feel like if I focus on women in a these days I'm blocking out the male that becomes very present to me. I have only ever had (and multiple) dreams about sex with women and never a gay dream. My issue is being hyper aware and potentially intimidated by male bodies. When I try to accept in my mind that I'm gay and become what I think is comfortable focusing on males I become more socially easy and feel like a weight is lifted although this could just be not having to focus on my dilema.

Help me!!