1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused...

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Roch111, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Roch111

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hey guys!

Ive basically felt the need to write this cos I'm still very unsure about my sexual orientation as a 22 year old guy. I started to have gay thoughts and desires when i was about 13/14 and i even fantasised about a few guys from my school and this lasted for a few years causing me to question my sexuality. These thoughts died down when i went into sixth form and i started to get with and date some girls from my school, this made me feel as though i was straight and that any gay thoughts id previously had were just a phase. However within a few months of starting university i started to have gay thoughts and fantasies again and this has been the case now for the past three years. Ive found that i tend to get much more aroused when thinking about guys rather than girls, and when I'm on nights out with my friends I'm never too bothered about trying to get with girls like most of my friends are. Because of these thoughts, just before christmas i met up with a guy and we ended up kissing, at the time i stopped the kiss after a few minutes and left because i think it was a bit too much to take in at the time cos id never done it before. But for weeks after i couldn't stop thinking about the kiss and i kinda wanted it to happen again. Im just confused because whilst i do have these fantasies often, i still find girls attractive and i do occasionally still get with girls although I'm not sure if this is just because I'm clinging on to the hope that I'm straight and basically pretending to myself that i am.

2. mike65aust

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'd rather others who are more experienced with this answer because we live in a different age where this is more acceptable. When I was 22 it was frowned up.

All I will say is this is perfectly ok but you can only be what you are comfortable with doing, without hurting others. What you are experiencing millions are as well. Good luck with your journey.

3. Rhiannon666

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Maybe you're bisexual and your preference has shifted for the moment? Bi doesn't have to be 50/50 attraction to both genders all the time.