1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questioning

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Theatertennis17, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Theatertennis17

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For the past 3 years, I have considered myself a gay male; however, I have been questioning my sexual orientation for the past few months. I have wondered what it would be like being with a girl, or if I could start a relationship with a girl easier than with a guy. I kind of brushed it off as me just being really desperate for a relationship and assuming that I could get a girl because "straight guys have it easier" (which I'm sure isn't even entirely true). But, I just can't get it out of my head that maybe I like both guys and girls. The only issue is that I have been sure that I am gay for the past few years, so I tell everyone I am gay. I want to see how it works being with a girl, but I do not know how to do it privately. I also feel like I am trapped in being gay. I don't know how anyone would react if I started dating a girl and liked her, and their possible reactions scare me. I know that my friends and family are proud of me for being who I am, and do not care who I like, but I just feel like if I start dating girls and like it that I lied to them about myself, and I don't know I just feel like it would look bad. Any thoughts?

2. faultyink

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You're not trapped in being gay. It's okay to have thoughts like that, and it's also okay to test out a relationship with a girl, if they're okay with it. Just make sure you actually like her.

I would consider myself bi just because I'm not completely ruling out a male partner, even if I do prefer girls, so maybe you should too? I don't know.

3. Lyr

Lyr Guest

Do not think of your orientation sexual as a label and does not let you influence by what the others can think of you, I mean, it is how you are and not how the others see you so don't
    ^^