1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tops or Bottoms

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by thatchickcj, Apr 9, 2016.

1. thatchickcj

So more recently, I've gotten really close to one of my 'gal pals'. We've both established that we're more than friends and both agree that we are closeted baes (for the fact that she doesn't want to come out yet and that I'm still coming out to some people). I spent the night at her house last Wednesday and knocked out a lost of '1st times' . Since then, I've sort of played around with this idea of Tops and Bottoms.

I know the terms 'Top' and 'Bottom' are more familiarly used among gay guys, and I was thinking what exactly made up that definition. I guessed that Tops were more dominant than the bottom, and now I'm just lost in my head because I don't know were me and my closet bae fit. I thought the Top and Bottom terminology thing worked just the same with lesbians, but now I honestly have no clue.

What's your opinion.

2. Ravienclaw

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm pretty sure those terms can be used for lesbians too. Basically, I'd generally say that the person taking the more active role is "topping" but with certain... positions... that distinction can get a little blurred lol. I wouldn't worry about it. I prefer to use "top" or "bottom" as a descriptor of what we're doing at a given moment rather than a label for the person themselves. (Maybe that's just the fact that I'm versatile speaking. I can't for the life of me understand why someone would limit themselves to only ever giving or receiving when there are so many perks to both ends.)