1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Asexual Marriage?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Kodo, Apr 10, 2016.

1. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Do asexual people usually get married, what if to another ace person? Does this actually happen - that there would be marriage minus sex? Just curious as to if anyone has heard of this kind of relationship.

2. earl228

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Yes there is such thing as this Asexuals Do sometimes meet each other & fall in love There are marriages out there that haven't had sex Sex is not everything in a relationship

3. ThatOneAlien

I'm not sure what is usual, but I know some do get married. If they marry someone who isn't asexual, there's always the possibility of an open marriage, or some people just aren't that interested in sex even if they don't identify as asexual. A while ago I read an article about two asexuals who got married. They hung out with friends and played scrabble on their wedding night. So yes it does happen, and the Internet makes it much easier for people to find each other. There really isn't any reason marriage has to be about sex. You could marry someone just for the legal benefits and have a perfectly platonic relationship.