1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ever wondered if it would just be easier to be gay?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by luke564, Apr 11, 2016.

1. luke564

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    As a curious guy who has questioned my sexuality a lot - I've always noticed and felt that I struggle getting any attention from the opposite sex, meanwhile whenever I've met gay guys (and I will admit I have not met many) they always seem funny, interested, even flirty (btw, I have low self confidence, am introverted and don't feel attractive).

I know there's a good chance that they're doing it because it's "safe" to do so, and I don't honestly think for one minute life would be easy if I started to explore (my family and many friends wouldn't be accepting) - but sometimes I just feel like, gaining relationship experience, and "being with someone" would be easier, if it were with the same sex.

It feels weird writing it, but I wonder if there were any other curious / confused people here that felt the same way?

2. Jester52300

Out Status:
    A few people
    Man its not easier l, but if you're curious than experament away. You only live once man, dont live your life for others than reget it in the future.

3. luke564

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I know it's not easier, I hate the way I made that sound in my post - I guess what I meant is having a relationship and getting that connection with someone.

4. GodlyArmadillo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's only easier if you're actually attracted to the person.

5. baristajedi

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When you say "easier" do you mean that the attraction comes more naturally?

6. Inky

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Just go for it and live your own life. Try not to get caught up in thinking too much about sexuality and gender. Just feel and just be. Just fall inlove :slight_smile:

7. luke564

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Kind of, I feel like I'm already more comfortable being around and chatting with them about stuff - it's the opposite sex I've always been a total disaster.

8. Calf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is fine if you genuinely feel that you are attracted to a guy. Perhaps you think it would be better to be gay because you actually are but haven't come to realise it yet.
    If however what you mean by easier is that it will be safer because you don't really feel attracted to guys but you think it's a good way to interact with someone that is attracted to you, without you having to get emotionally involved, then that is not right. You should always be considerate of the other persons feelings in any relationship and leading someone into a relationship without being honest of your intentions is not fair. That doesn't mean don't experience a relationship with guys if your curious but it does mean you should be honest with the guy that you're unsure of your sexuality and still working things out.
    I hope that makes sense.

9. luke564

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm still trying to figure out what's actually going on with me, I would always be open and transparent with anyone I was with - i wouldn't lead anyone on or play with emotions - that would be the worst thing you can do, I just sometimes wonder if how differently my luck in relationships would be if i determined my sexuality earlier

10. Calf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You didn't show your age so it's hard to imagine where you're at with this but I don't think your sexuality is that limiting in your luck as you come across as quite open to options. This might sound like a strange question but do you generally find yourself attracted to anyone (male or female) or is it more of a general desire to be in any relationship?

11. andimon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    No relationship is easy. It's just that guys understand other guys easier, because they share the same body parts and can relate to a lot of stuff (this applies to girls as well). The mistake a lot of straight guys make is not fully comprehending what being a girl is all about. So they end up making their own theory about women's mindset and when they realise it's totally wrong it may already be over. Every relationship requires communication - especially heterosexual ones, where sometimes the only thing the couple shares is physical attraction.

On the other hand, getting into an actual relationship, in my opinion, is tougher on the gay side.

12. luke564

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    This post just made so much sense - thanks

13. luke564

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Calf, I don't really know - I used to find myself attracted to women but that seems to be fading - I don't think finding men attractive is becoming a "thing" but I'm certainly reaching a point where I desire to be in a relationship regardless.

14. CharacterStudy

Sounds to me like you're really quite curious. Maybe agree with yourself that you will be open to the thought of women and men, and see where it takes you.

I am a mainly straight woman, and I find women very very hard to talk to - I just don't get how they tick. I get a much more instant and deeper understanding with men. I have mainly male friends, I work with mainly men. When I talk to women it is like I am talking badly in a foreign language. What this means for you I could not say, but it's interesting you get this deeper connection with men.

15. luke564

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I am really trying, it's one of the reasons why I signed up to this forum.