1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I'm a lesbian but maybe I'm bi?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Julietsghost, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Julietsghost

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I want to apologize if this is confusing I'm writing this while I'm very tired.
    My first crush was with another girl when I was around 9 or so. I ended up dating a boy who I didn't have a crush on, but I didn't want to reject him. My dating life has been me dating males who I didn't have a crush on. I was never sexually or romanticly attracted to them. I've had one girlfriend and I was romanticly attracted to her but not sexually, and when I think about who I want to end up with or just thinking about the future I always envision myself with a woman. So this leads me to believe that I'm a lesbian. But I am attracted to "famous" and fictional men. I'm not attracted to the actor who plays the fictional character, just the character themselves. I don't think I've been sexually attracted to anyone but fictional/famous men, but romanticly I've only been attracted to women. I can envision myself sexually with a woman, and I look at women when I'm out in public and think about how they're beautiful and I don't pay attention to men. I'm not attracted to men when I see them in person.
    I'm just really confused and I have no clue how to identify, I feel like I'm lying if I say I'm a lesbian but I feel like I'm lying if I say I'm bi.

2. Andreana21

Hey,

First of all, what everybody should know, is that sexual and romantic orientation aren't always stable. If I summarize what you say:
    -You have never been romantically or sexually attracted to real men
    -You have been attracted to fictional male characters
    -You have been romantically attracted to women, and you can ''envision yourself sexually with women''.
    Huh. Well, you sound pretty gay to me. But even gay people can have some opposite sex attraction thoughts. (Still, I don't know much about fictional character attraction but don't worry about it. They are often perfect)
    You say you don't feel comfortable with the labels ''lesbian'', ''bi'' and of course ''straight''. Then you don't need any label. You choose. You can say you're a Kinsey 5 for instance who ocasionally feels some attraction to the ''perfect fictional men''. But remember. Never use any label that doesn't feel like it's yours.

I hope it helped.