1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questioning sexuality after coming out?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by bookandquill, Apr 15, 2016.

1. bookandquill

Out Status:
    A few people
    So I came out to some of my friends a while back, telling them that I was gay. Now I think I'm bi, and I don't know what to do. Should I tell them that I think I'm bi, or should I hold it off for a while? My friends are also all female, so I don't want them thinking that I like them. Any advice?

2. RemiV

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Im going through the same thing, I consider myself a kinsey 5 but tell people im gay because I have no real intent on being with any female, and it makes it a little easier than explaining the kinsey scale and sexual fluidity to normies lol.

I still have anxiety problems where I feel like im lying but they come and go, and only pop up when im alone. If im with people the anxiety and the questioning seem to go away and i feel content being around the gender in attracted to. Then again im a pretty gregarious person and human contact makes me calm and comfortable.

Im not sure if you are still experiencing this issue, but its probably anxiety, labels help us but they may even hinder us when we feel we dont fit the norm of said label. IE; I fit very few stereotypes and I sometimes feel bad because I don't, although I know stereotypes dont matter. Its all in my head and i just deal with it as it comes.

Take care to just fo your best to accept yourself as you are and people will do the same, no reason to bring labels into it if you dont have to! I hope you feel better and discover a way to make yourself comfortable.

3. Totesgaybrah

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Same here, F-ing normies:lol:

4. EleanorHunter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Whatever you feel comfortable doing, do that.

If you'd rather keep it to yourself and sort things out for a little while without everyone's attention, go ahead. If you'd feel more comfortable being honest, then be honest. Trust me, so many people have been in the same position as you are right now (for me it was the other way around, came out as bi only to find out I'm gay).

If your friends supported you coming out as gay, they'll probably support you coming out as bi as well. If you want to find out how they feel about bisexuality before coming out, you can always slip the topic in general into a conversation at some point and see how they react (maybe mention a celebrity coming out or something). Remember, you don't owe them a detailed explanation of your sexuality, and can always just shrug and say "That's how I feel" when they ask about your attractions. I'm wishing you the best!

5. littlebear1234

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi, I'm questioning if I'm bi myself. I'm 34 and I just need to feel comfortable in my own skin. I have thought I was gay since I was 12 so over 20 yrs. I think its good to ask these questions but to not miss live life over them.