1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Think I'm Bisexual...?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by LoyalGryffindor, Apr 19, 2016.

1. LoyalGryffindor

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey all! This is gonna be a rather long story...but I hope you'll read anyways!

Seven months ago, I questioned my sexuality for the first time. I didn't even learn that women could be gay until about 9 months ago! I just never thought about it, you don't see many LGBTQ people in the small town where I live. And then, seven months ago I came across the term bisexual in a video.

Who knew that one youtube video could change everything? I immediately thought, "I wouldn't be surprised if I was bisexual..."

I've had crushes on boys in the past, just a few. For the most part, I never really notice men's looks, though, mostly women's. But when I have emotional connections with guys, I can develop attraction towards them. But I remember thinking in second grade, "I wish I was a boy. Boys are so lucky, they get to date girls. Girls are so much prettier!"

I have never had anything with a girl that I considered a crush. I never thought of it as an option. I never considered it a possibility. I knew I wasn't a lesbian, and hearing the term bisexual made me question my sexuality.

For about a week and a half I questioned and I felt so much distress! By the end I was sure. Sure that I was bisexual. Even came out to my brother! Then I started questioning if I was a lesbian. The next morning I declared myself straight, and told myself and my brother that I was an idiot for ever questioning it.

And for the past month, I've been questioning again. For the past seven months, I have felt jealous every time I see a video w/ two women in a relationship! Jealous because "I'm straight and can't be with women". Or am I? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I always notice pretty women. There have been women I have felt strong desires to be around. I fantasize about ending up w/ a woman, and it doesn't feel weird. And since I started questioning again, I feel different than I used to around women.

What do you all think??

2. Carpe noctem 16

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm really not experienced in any of this but i understand where your coming from. I was watching a video and realized that i liked guys. Now this definitely was a shock to me, admitting to myself that i was attracted to guys. So that lead me to research some type of support system and i found EC. This also lead me too really think and analyze these new feelings. What i discovered was that i have always been attracted to guys i just hid it very well. I was always taught to be a manly man and being gay was of the devil. At this point i just kind of take it day by day. I feel so much better about it bc im being true to myself and being able to be open about on EC is awesome.

3. sunshinebi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The way you describe it is exactly how I felt discovering bisexuality. I just thought it felt right. And, essentially, that's the whole deal with labels; knowing who you are and coming to terms with it. Hell, from what you wrote you handled it better than a lot of questioning people do. But anyway, what you talk about with your jumbled feelings about guys and girls simultaneously sounds a lot like bisexuality. But also keep in mind that you don't have to be 50/50 all the time. That goes for both romantic and physical attraction.

4. LoyalGryffindor

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for responding :slight_smile: And for pointing out that it's not always 50/50, b/c I definitely don't feel like it is for me!