1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questioning Orientation Pansexual or Demisexual?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by EmoReaper, Apr 20, 2016.

1. EmoReaper

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For the past year I have been rather confused. I had been straight my whole life no matter which gender I identified with. But then I had met a guy who I deeply fell for. Though he had left my life, then I had continued to be "straight" once again. :icon_bigg Though I had enjoyed that gay attraction. After some thinking I decided that the gender of one didn't matter and that I am 100% Pansexual. Though I can't wrap my head around it. I seem to mostly be attracted to anything feminine identifying or female. Only do I feel a rather romantic attraction with some men and other genders, but not as much sexual attraction. Though I wouldn't mind getting sexual with any, which brings me to another confusing orientation. Demisexuality. :dry: I feel as if I am pansexual, or perhaps maybe even Demi. Seeing as how I'd care more to know a person before being attracted to them both mentally and physically. I just confuses me so much, I been seeing it brought up constantly now. What are perhaps any of your thoughts on the subject?

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Demisexuality is essentially part of the range of ordinary human sexuality.

Contrary to what some people might try to tell you, there are quite a few people, heterosexual and homosexual and in between, who don't feel strong attraction until they get to know someone, so the demisexual label is really describing something that's a regular, ordinary part of the human sexuality spectrum. So it may not be helpful to you in trying to identify where your sexual orientation lies.

The truth is, for a lot of people, particularly those who are trans, my impression is it can take some time to work through the complicated feelings and issues and emerge with a clear understanding. If I were to guess, it sounds like you have attraction to both men and women, so the "pan" or "bi" labels may be a good match for you.

3. PrettyinPunk

Well it is possible to be both demisexual and pansexual Which could explain your confusion. If you were to go by definition pansexual is attraction to all people's regardless of gender. Demisexual would be sexual/romantic attraction only once a significant emotional relationship is formed.

I prefer not to label myself 1. I don't think any label quite fits 2. I just don't care enough to worry about it. If I had to use them though I would most likely be demi/bi or pan.

*Sigh* I might just be interpreting this wrong it's hard to understand meaning sometimes through the internet, if so disregard, I don't mean to offend. But it sounds like your saying everyone is somewhat demisexual. Which I disagree with. Sure everyone would like to get to know someone before they engage in sexual/romantic behavior...that's a part of being human. For true demisexual's though an emotional bond is absolutely necessary before the person can even develop those feelings.

4. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    I'll just give a little hit-or-miss advice: Labels aren't everything! If anything, I find them to often make me more confused than enlightened about my own sexuality, lol.