1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think my family suspects that I am a Lesbian. Any advice?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Eyeofthestorm1, Apr 22, 2016.

1. Eyeofthestorm1

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Hello, I am a 16 year old girl. I believe I am straight or aromantic. At this point I am not 100% sure.

Most people in my family started dating before age 16. Heck even my Great Grandma was younger than me when she started dating. So with this in mind a recipe for disaster is in the mix.

I have had 2 crushes on guys before, but have had no interest in pursuing anything romantically with then. I seem to only have feelings for guys sexually. I don't tell my family about my crushes. I do not imagine myself with woman sexually at all.

I have had several family members ask me if I am gay over the years and I always tell them "No, I just don't have any interest in dating right now". They always tell me, "Well I am just asking. It'd be okay if you were". Their body language and tone seems to always hint that they don't believe me.

I do have friends at school and I have a lot more male personality attributes IMO. (I like to make "dumb" jokes, play video games, discuss politics, science, etc). I don't know if this contributes.

They are also very worried about me socially. I am very reserved by nature. I don't talk to any of my friends outside of school, go out with friends, etc. I just don't feel the need to. They all think I need counseling, I'm Autistic, and that I am not developing socially.