1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I might be Pansexual

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by xnicoleporterx, Apr 25, 2016.

1. xnicoleporterx

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I have always thought of myself as a straight female, but lately I've been questioning this. I have a best friend who is bisexual and she's so funny and beautiful! I have always been close with any friend I make, but she's different somehow. I keep trying to deny my feelings, but I'm really confused and frustrated. I've never felt anything for the opposite gender so why now might I be feeling something. Ever since I've started thinking this way I've noticed more about my best friend like little things she does is just so lovely to me and she could be making the dumbest face but I still think she's so amazing looking. I've thought about having relationships with girls before, but it always felt wrong, but anytime I think about my best friend and I being in a relationship it's not weird. It feels natural. Is this love I feel? Does this mean I'm Pansexual? Even if I did admit to myself I have feelings for her there are so many problems in the way. Firstly, she has a boyfriend who she's crazy about even though he's not that great of a boyfriend to her. Secondly, one of my close guy friends has a crush on her so it's frustrating if I did that to him. Thirdly, when we first became friends people would always ask us if we were related cause we look similar I guess and eventually it got on our nerves so we said we were cousins so now that's what everyone thinks and naturally, having feelings for your "cousin" would be wrong, even though we aren't actually related. She really has been messing with my head. I think about her nonstop and we always FaceTime and text. One time she said if I did ever question my sexuality and wanted to experiment, to let her know cause she would do that with me. And on several occasions she has said if I wasn't straight she'd go for me. And I often find myself thinking if she were a boy I would definitely go for her. I don't know, I'm super confused and very frustrated. Someone please help me.

2. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It sounds like you've got feelings for this girl. I don't have enough information to give proper suggestions for what your sexuality is, but here are the options I would recommend considering. Think about which of these might describe you best:

straight - it is possible to have a crush on a girl and still be straight. If you consider yourself to be a person who's attracted to guys and happens to like one girl, you could be a straight girl with one exception. That being said, since you said you've thought about having relationships with girls before (even though it never felt quite right), it's pretty likely that you're not straight.

pansexual - pansexual means being able to feel attraction to people of all genders. This could mean that you have been attracted to men, women, and nonbinary people in the past, or simply that gender is not a factor in your attraction so you know you would be capable of being attracted to someone regardless of their gender.

bisexual - bisexual means attraction to more than one gender, but not necessarily all. If you feel attraction to men and women but you haven't experienced attraction to nonbinary people, if you think you would be attracted to nonbinary people but maybe not all genders, or if you simply prefer the label, you could identify as bisexual.

3. sailornaruto39

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I would sya that your heart may just be making a romantic exception to her.

If you were pansexual you wouldn't care at all.