1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questions about attraction and sex

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by PennyT, Apr 25, 2016.

1. PennyT

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm trying to pinpoint exactly what attraction is. A friend of mine explained it as almost mentally singling out the person/people in the room that you're attracted to. You become very conscious of their presence and sometimes have faint urges to impress them. Does that seem accurate?

If that is a good description of attraction, I'm even more confused on my sexuality. In the past, I've sometimes been hyper aware of girls and boys. Before I began exploring my sexuality, there have been a lot of boys I've wanted to impress, and a couple of girls as well. Lately though I feel neutral around almost everyone, except for one or two girls. What does this mean?

Also, what is sexual attraction? I've never met someone I've wanted to have sex with, but sometimes when I see attractive women, I feel nervous and uncomfortable. Is that sexual attraction?

And is feeling too young for sex usual for a 19 year old? I know that a lot of my peers have sex or have had sex, but I can't even imagine myself having sex. The idea isn't gross; it's just bizarre. I feel so awkward with myself and my maturity level. Is that normal?

2. sailornaruto39

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think that's a silly definition. It has nothing to do with SEXUAL attraction

I like to think as attraction as a physical and/or mental desire to want to have sex with someone.

Excuse my presumption, but I think your need to impress people girl or boy might just be from a bit of insincerity? Maybe? You're not too young for sex, you're perfectly legal.

I think you're just not a very sexual person, and that's ok.