1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another Potentially Stupid Question

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by BIdingMyTime, Apr 26, 2016.

1. BIdingMyTime

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hi. So I have deep-seeded resentment for labels. So I've known I'm not straight for a while but because I haven't really felt the desire to come out, I haven't really worried about defining it any further than "not straight." Which is cool with me. I'm super comfortable in my head with who I am. However, I'm thinking that I'm going to start being more open with people I'm close to. But I feel like giving some type of label or identification would be helpful for explanation purposes. I feel like multiple fit. Like Bi, Fluid, Pan, and/or Queer. I've been reluctant to just "pick one" because of my own unrelated defiance of labeling but also, I don't really feel like any of them feel like "home", you know. But I don't know. Is there even much of a difference?

2. Rainbows~Exist

Labels aren't really that necessary. Sure they're useful for those who are sound and comfortable with what they identify as but like I said, they're not necessary. My advice would be to just explain to them how you feel, something along the lines of "I'm not straight nor gay, I'm just open to anything happening regardless of gender."