1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adelaide/Australia

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Pauleaton, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Pauleaton

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Without wanting to compromise anyone's identity, is there anyone from Adelaide or Australia on here who might want to share some of their experiences coming to terms with their sexuality? Or anything else for that matter? I feel pretty isolated here, but I am sure there are others...

2. SAYGEUR

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    SOMEONE IS MENTIONING THE CITY I LIVE IN?? I MUST BE DREAMING!!

I understand the major isolation in Adelaide, when I first started looking at myself and who I wanted to be, I looked everywhere for support groups and such and found.... nothing. Its super hard I can admit, but from some recent news I heard, aparantally theres a new rainbow walkway being built in honour of the LGBTI+ community but other than that, there never really seems to be anything else. I think its sort of weird theres not, I find that Adelaide is a smaller version of Melbourne with its ideas and such, but it just doesn't seem to be in this one way... Either way, Adelaide is a really nice city, other than in March, its fairly quiet and is pleasant.

In my years of growing up in Adelaide it has taught me one main thing: NOTHING IS EVER IN ADELAIDE. Its quite annoying, especially for me who wants to go into music, (Ok suush we did have Sia come out of this city, but key words from that sentence are "come out", she don't live here anymore...)

ANYWAY actually getting to answering your question, My coming to terms was me just me beginning to accept myself, when I was younger, I had to just assume I was a girl, because I wasn't ever told any different (thought that wasn't what I felt, will get to that) and the first crush I had was... on a girl. Now at the time, I didn't know anything about the LGBTI+ community, so I just thought I was a freak, and I would think of it as another reason why people didn't like me and stuff (I was super insecure). A little later on i got a crush on a guy in my class so i thought i was normalish, i kept fluxuating between crushes on girls and on boys.

A few years later, I learnt more about the community, and i finally just let lose and went with the fact that i liked both boys and girls ( thought i think that i could really like anyone, but pan just doesn't seem like the right title) and just let lose with it.

However, i wasn't completely settled as of yet, and well i have started questioning my gender and such. I always knew from a young age that i never felt like a "girl" and well, i went out to try and pursue what it was that i felt, while i still don't know exactly what it is, I finally was able to talk to my mum about it after many years of constant confusion, and she is somewhat supportive of me. I still don't exactly know what i want, but i do know some things i want to change asap, such as my top bits haning around as much, and also to lower my voice, with hormones, via some type of voice training, or maybe some hormones later on, i need to think about that bit more though. I do know 100% for sure that I don't fit as a "woman" however.

Hopefully i did actually do what i had to welp, i am known to ramble a little