1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not sure what to do.

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by blackbird89, Apr 28, 2016.

1. blackbird89

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I have been with my boyfriend for seven years now, and within the last 1-2 years we have been drifting apart. I have no sexual attraction to him for awhile, and I have recently realized I might be lesbian. I have had emotional connections to girls in the past and now whenever i come across lesbians I feel this magnetic attraction towards them. Im not sexually attracted to every lesbian i see; i feel like I'm just attracted to the fact that they're being true to themselves and I want that for myself? I have never been with a woman sexually but I am seeing myself wanting to be with women more and more. The problem is my boyfriend, I love him dearly. He treats me wonderfully and I feel guilty because we haven't has any intimate relations in about 8 months. He has told me multiple times its ok but he still expresses that he's frustrated with the lack of sex. I feel like the more time that goes on, the more I feel trapped. I love him but Im not happy with myself. I know its not fair to him but i don't know how to proceed from here. I know I need to break up with him so I can truly figure out who I am but I can bring myself to do it. Any advice would be appreciated. :icon_sad:

2. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey welcome to EC. That's a tough situation but I think you are right and know what you have to do, it just doesn't make it any easier. Perhaps if you find it hard to find the words you can right it to him in a letter and either give it to him or read it to him. Sometimes that helps you pre plan what you want to say.