1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Traitor explanation.

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Secrets5, May 2, 2016.

1. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello,

This has been spinning around my head for the past couple of months so I would like a gay person [whether or not you agree with this statement] to try and explain this to me;

1. How is me merely being bisexual being a traitor to gay people? [Nobody can choose their biology]

2. How is me, providing I'm not in another closed relationship, dating the opposite sex being a traitor to gay people? [I was never gay, that means I can date the opposite sex if I want to]

Thank-you.

You keep saying I'm not listening to your concerns, but here I am listening now because I really can't come up with my own answer for these.

2. Kevin240

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Whoever says that to you is immature and totally off base. This isn't some kind of war. Gay and Bisexual are two different orientations. This traitor stuff makes no sense to me. I mean, am I a traitor to other gays because I mostly have straight friends? Are my straight friends traitors to their orientation because they hang out with me? We could carry this on and on to the point of absurdity.

You're not a traitor! You're bisexual. Which is quite different from being gay. These people need to get over themselves!

3. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Anyone who says you are a traitor because you are attracted to X, Y or both is simply stupid.

You are who you are, and that's it. Don't listen to bigots that want to dictate what you can/cannot do about your own orientation.

4. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    ^^ This. There are sadly a lot of haters out there when it comes to the non-monosexual community. The reasons that they don't like us are really pretty baseless. Many do not listen to any reason either. So, you just have to stay true to yourself.

5. faustian1

That kind of dogma tends to come from people, who want to politicize everything. It ignores mountains of facts and research and most people should know better, without reading any research.

It should be clear to anyone that sexual attractions are wired in a different and an extremely basic area of the brain. Just think of all the iffy decisions you have made, when you have been aroused, and how hard it can be to ignore urges that have some inconvenient results. One of the few nice things about Craigslist and hookup sites is my discovery of how common sexual fetishes are, aroused by some of the strangest things and objects imaginable (to me). I never dreamed how common some of these things are. The nutjobs had been propagandizing me about "deviance" forever. Now, the facts are out. It really opened my mind to the diversity of sexual attraction out there. There is not simply one standard of attractiveness.

Of course, the same people who politicize your sexual attractions will be shaming you for using plastic, instead of paper bags (or vice versa), or a thousand other shaming vectors.

#5 faustian1, May 2, 2016
    Last edited: May 2, 2016
  6. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    To whom are you speaking here?

I certainly hope not to me, because I've never said this or voiced an opinion on your listening skills. Second-person can be dicey. Care to clarify?

And yeah...sounds like people have been raining their own issues on you.

I'm over wanting people to explain it...I accept that it's their baggage and their pain, and I rest secure in the knowledge that I didn't cause any of it. If anyone actually *voices* concerns to me, I will listen and respond. If they're just gonna hate, I'm just gonna ignore.