1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this offensive?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by ThatRangerGirl, May 5, 2016.

1. ThatRangerGirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    being transgender, is it offensive that I identify as a gold star lesbian, instead of just a lesbian? I ask because im basically a full kinsey six, but i was recently told by a lesbian friend that it is offensive that i identify as lesbian, and that im actually heterosexual-- note: she isnt a close friend, so her offense doesnt really bother me, but i want to be sure im not offending other people too

2. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Err, of course not? If you were heterosexual you'd be into dudes so. Most people don't understand they gender and sexuality are entirely separate since there's very little education if any on the subject. Think your friend might be a little confused as to what trans actually means.

A crossdresser would be heterosexual, but that's another story entirely.

3. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you're a woman who's exclusively attracted to other women, you're a lesbian. Your sex has nothing to do with it. Your friend is basing your sexuality off of your sex instead of your gender, which is incorrect.