1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm confused about my sexuality

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by anne5874, May 7, 2016.

1. anne5874

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    So, here's the thing,
    I'm female and I've only dated guys and usually feel attracted by them, but sometimes tomboys make me nervous, I mean, really nervous and I end up being attracted also. I never felt attracted by woman in general, only tomboys and it's not very often.

I remember when I was a teenager (9 years ago) I kind of had a crush (? I don't know if this term applies here) at a female friend. I didn't feel like I wanted to kiss her or something, but I think it was kind of a platonic feeling. I lost contact with her, felt sad for months in that confusing platonic feeling but it eventually passed.

Life went on and I never thought about it again, until I think two years ago, when all that attraction to tomboys started and got me confused and I remembered all of it again.

I don't know if I can be considered lesbian or bi. I don't like woman in general, I would never date one. But a feel times I felt like I could date a tomboy, but I still feel attracted to guys.

Now, there's another thing that makes me feel confused. I feel attracted to guys, but when it comes to sex all my attraction disapears. I like sex in theory but I think the real thing is disgusting. I like the cuddling and stuff but not sex.

Those things are driving me crazy. Is there a word to define my sexuality? Am I to messy to be described?

2. Feelunique

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Bi-Curious maybe if you need a word. To be honest when I was terrified of my feelings and actions as a young boy it was Gay Lesbian or Straight. Then while hiding there is a new label after new label and everyday I got overwhelmed. I decided my sexual orientation is ME! What is my exact label is more confusing than telling my thoughts and feelings through life. Hope not confusing but EC is a place to throw any idea or ask about anything.

3. Spotofpaint

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree wholeheartedly with feelunique's post. All these labels are just maddening sometimes! I think we need them just to explain to other's how we feel, but if we're talking just you, than it's just you! You like who you like! Period!

My only advice for you right now is to keep an open mind, especially if you find sex with men repulsive. I started out only dating guys myself, mostly due to peer pressure and my parents expectations. But when I hit college, I pretty much dropped men like a hot stone. As soon as I tried dating girls I felt WAAAAY more comfortable. But I didn't understand that until I tried it.

You're feelings toward men and women alike may develop or change over time. And what you feel today may be totally different tomorrow. That's ok. Humans were never meant to be static beings. We're supposed to adapt to new situations and circumstances. And it's always important to grow as a person. Just be open. And as cheesy as it may sound, follow what your heart tells you.

4. anne5874

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Thank you guys. I think you're right. Maybe I'm just worrying too much about it now, i will try to let things happen naturally without overthinking it.