1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused about my sexuality

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by IrishAli, May 8, 2016.

1. IrishAli

Out Status:
    Some people
    Could really use some advice.

I have been attracted to women since I was 6 or 7 and always classed myself as a Lesbian however now I am unsure as over the past year or so I'm been developing, I guess you can say "crushes" on guys (only a couple, certain type of guys). it's hard to explain fully what I am feeling, I am not sexually attracted to them yet there is something about their personality and/or looks that I find very appealing :confused: ..is it just a normal "guy crush" type thing or is there something more too it?!

2. Alexrocks1253

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You might be lesbian, but also heteroromantic, which means romantically attracted to guys, but sexually attracted to girls. Hope that this helps...

3. Alder

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I can't say for sure because I'm not sure what kind of feelings you're getting, but it could be because there is so much pressure for you to like guys (so much pressure for girls to like guys in general) - as you grow older at times the pressure increases, and it might be harder to distinguish your sexuality and understand it. It can be confusing to work out what you feel/what you want, and what you think you should want by this point.

It's alright to find them good looking and find their personalities great without having any romantic feelings or attractions towards them. It's also okay to be confused. Think about your orientation as a larger kind of thing: who do you want to date and have sex with and have long term relationships with as a whole? In general, do you want relationships with women and also desire them with men, or are the feelings towards guys just something in the background that you can't quite understand?

If in general you're only really attracted to women and want relationships with them, then I think you don't have to worry too much about what you're feeling for guys. Let them be there and see if they actually do develop into a strong romantic or sexual attraction, or if they just remain as such, and aren't quite as significant. Think about what you want and what you would prioritise in relationships and your attractions.

You might be bi, but you may also very well be a lesbian; not every lesbian is always 100% sure of her sexuality, especially in the context of society and everything else, and that's fine. Good luck :slight_smile:

#3 Alder, May 8, 2016
    Last edited: May 8, 2016
  4. IrishAli

Out Status:
    Some people
    This does help a little, Thank You

---------- Post added 9th May 2016 at 05:03 AM ----------

Thank you Jacob you have been very helpful :slight_smile:

5. SpTara

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi, do you see yourself having an affair or even just sex with any of them?
    I am just curious, I consider myself a lesbian (out to my family, I actually live with my girlfriend) and I've sometimes had crushes too, but I don't see me with this guys.

6. IrishAli

Out Status:
    Some people
    hi
    to be honest I couldn't imagine myself ever wanting to have sex with any of the guys I have crushes on

as for dating any of them, it's hard to tell right now.
    however there is one guy (who I have known for many years) that if he were to ask me out I would definitely consider saying yes, although I fear the relationship for me would most likely be based more on companionship&friendship than attraction&love.

Hope this makes sense.

7. SpTara

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It makes sense and it doesn't make any sense at the same moment.

Anyway, with things like this, maybe is better go to with our gut (as I say in my signature, English is not my first language, so sorry if that expression doesn't have any sense at all xD)

8. Ginger Ray

Out Status:
    Some people
    You could be homosexual but heteroromantic, meaning you are both sexually and romantically attracted to females but only romantically attracted to males (hugging, cuddling, kissing, etc.)
    Or do you find yourself fantasizing about the few guys you think you're attracted to? You don't have to rush to label yourself. Just go with what feels right! It's okay to feel attracted to more than one gender or be confused or have your sexuality shift over time. There's no right or wrong.
    And about figuring out if you're actually attracted to them, do you find yourself feeling similar to how you do when you're near a girl that you're interested in? Like nervous, shy, etc.