1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question labels

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Jmiller85, May 25, 2016.

1. Jmiller85

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    As a person who has recently discovered they are not straight, and no desire for a straight relationship, I'm not sure exactly what to label myself. I'm obviously I guess what you would call gay, but I just really don't like the word gay. I prefer the word homosexual or queer, or maybe even fag better. Or maybe there is a word I'm not even thinking about. So what do you prefer and what do you consider yourself? Once again I thought I was completely straight for a long time, crazy how things can change lol. (&&&)

2. Glowing Eyes

Queer works
    There's also androsexual (attracted to males regardless of gender) or you could tell people you're into guys.

3. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would just keep things simple and stick with gay. I know I didn't care for the word either for quite a while, especially before and shortly after accepting myself as gay, but as time passes it doesn't bother me anymore. There are so many crazy labels now that they are hard to keep up with and a large part of the population wouldn't even know what people are talking about if they identified as something outside of the "regular" orientations. I think people are taking labels a bit too far and many of them are irrelevant but that is just my opinion. Just pick one that is comfortable for you, although fag is a bit questionable, lol.

4. Lyr

Lyr Guest

I find that bisexual is restricted as label, thus I consider myself pansexual, but to say that I am bi is less complicated for those who are not familiar of the terms ^^

5. Quist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people

Yeah, I'd say pan fits me better but most of the people I've come out to have enough trouble understanding bi, so I just go with that.

6. thinkreal93

Hey, this is unrelated to your question but I was just wanting to understand what you mean when you say you were completely straight. I'm gay (or atleast mostly gay) and now I'm going through a phase (I think) where I am looking at girls and kinda turning myself on by the idea of me being intimate with her nude self. The whole sensation of touching a woman is there and yes, it is enjoyable. But it's so different from what I've felt from guys. Male nudity/intimacy has triggered a sexual reaction so appealing & awesome , but not so from females. It's as if I'm able to see girls sexually mainly due to heteronormative learning and so in my head, sex=awesome and girls=sex (for boys) and that adds up. So right now, my mind is focussing on th girls but I'm pretty sure this perspective will fade with time. I just wanted to know if you relate to this when you say what you say??

Regarfing your question, I don't mind calling myself gay. I prefer 'gay' than 'queer'.