1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help figuring out my sexuality

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Artia5, May 29, 2016.

1. Artia5

Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi, sorry this is probably going to get long.
    So I've been questioning for sexuality for about 1 year now, although I've been doing it more seriously for about 6 months. I know that I'm attracted to men, but I have no idea whether or not I'm attracted to women. My problem is that I fantasize about women a lot and am very attracted to them in my head, but I'm not sure if I've ever been attracted to a woman in real life. Or maybe I have been and I just have no idea what I'd been feeling if I was. I've never had any kind of sexual experience with either gender so I can't use that to tell.
    I have recently decided that I can't be entirely straight, but heteroflexible and labels such as that don't work for me because I see myself having romantic relationships with women too, just I've never felt it in real life. I'm worried that I'm making it all up for attention because I'm not even sure why I started questioning my sexuality.
    As I've been thinking more about it I think I might have had a crush on a girl when I was about 7 or so, but I can't really remember that clearly and again think I may just be tricking myself into thinking I am bisexual.
    If I were bisexual then I would be strongly leaning to men and that invalidates my feelings. Whenever I come to terms with identifying as bisexual I feel like I'm just not "gay" enough for my feelings to be valid.
    Sorry for how long this became. Thank you so much for any help you can offer me!