1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In hetero-relationship - scared and confused :(

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Michimon1993, May 29, 2016.

1. Michimon1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Please help, I'm having a crisis! Warning this is long :frowning2:

Basically I've been with my boyfriend for 2 years now and I honestly never understood why I wasn't attracted to him. He's a really handsome guy and we have everything in common - anime, horror movies, video games, we love all the same things and click on almost every level!

But I've never felt the famous "spark". I don't get butterflies, that warm and happy sensation that you see in the movies. I don't enjoy kissing or being intimate with him in any way. Anytime we're kissing or anything my thoughts inevitably drift away so that I'm not really present. I just never thought anything of it before and thought that's how it was for everyone. Then I started to think I was just asexual as sex is something that's never interested me and I've never in my life felt the urge to do it with anyone - something that's caused major problems between me and my boyfriend.

The thing is, I've had crushes on girls and guys, but like I said never thought to myself, "Wow, she's hot, I wanna have sex with her". The only times I've ever felt anything like that are when I've seen sexual girl-on-girl scenes in movies or on tv, but I'm not sure what that means :S

Also, the main thing that's got me obsessing is I can't stop thinking about being with a girl. I keep imagining dating one, holding hands and walking through life with a girl and it makes me feel so happy and excited - like I've never felt with a guy. I don't know if I would enjoy being intimate with a girl because I've never tried it, but the thought of kissing one and being with one just won't leave my head.

It's upsetting me because I have an amazing boyfriend who really gets me and I feel so incredibly guilty. I'm also terrified at the thought of breaking up with him because he means so much to me, and even though I may not be in love with him or attracted to him I don't want to lose him as he's all I've got. We've gone through so much, we have an apartment together, a dog... I wish so badly that I'd had these thoughts much sooner :frowning2:

I've talked to him about all that I feel and he says he understands, but that even if we do break up and I decide I want to date a girl, he still wants to live with me and be in my life. But I don't know if that's the right choice. I just want to do the right thing by myself and for his sake, too. I'm just so confused, I don't know what I want or what to do.

Please, please, please someone help :frowning2: If anyone can make any sense from all that I've written I'd really appreciate it, I'm stressing out so much over this I can barely eat. I'm a nervous wreck...

#1 Michimon1993, May 29, 2016
    Last edited: May 29, 2016
  2. alpet

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi..I feel the same toward the opposite sex. But I would say you could remain friends, and look for someone else, since you're not happy in this relationship. Good luck..