1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thought straight, but caught wondering

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by horses, May 30, 2016.

1. horses

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hi,

I am 18, and have always identified as straight, but had questioned if I was bisexual for the first time maybe 2 years ago.

I have only ever been in one relationship of 9 months, which I am currently in, with a male. Since, I have dated him, I have never really thought about my sexual orientation much. I love him, and like to be intimate with him.

Recently, I have again starting questioning when watching Alex and Piper from Orange is the New Black (lesbian couple). I watch videos of them frequently, and want to be with a girl like Alex (maybe in the future, because I am in a relationship).

I have in the past had two crushes on my friends whom are girls. I have wanted to kiss them, but nothing has come out of it (they are straight).

I am not that worried anyways because there is no need to label, but would like some advice.

Thanks

2. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey horses,

Welcome to EC!

My advice would be to take a deep breath and relax. It helps a lot if you aren't worried, like you said! Also, there is no need to rush to label yourself, indeed.

Think about your attractions. Do you feel attracted to men? And women? Do you fantasize with women, men or both (on different occasions or not)? When you picture yourself in the future, would you be happy with a man, a woman or would you be happy in any of these situations?

Again, my biggest advice is: Don't rush it. This is about you and yourself, there is no need to rush to a conclusion.