1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No labels?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Canterpiece, Jun 1, 2016.

1. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This may be the wrong place to post this, but oh well. Lately I've been flirting with the idea of just giving up on orientation labels and just living. I know this subject tends to divide people, but please try and keep it respectful here. What's your view on the whole "no labels" thing?

:eusa_thin

2. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    I quite like it. Like, personally that's pretty much how I identify as well. I crush on whoever I crush on, I'm turned on by whatever I'm turned on by, whoever I think is cute is cute to me. My attraction are like... maybe 80% for males and then all the rest get to share the remaining 20%, but I'm mostly just into males romantically, and don't like labels. So like... Queer, mostly heteroromantic pansexual. Meh. Heteroflexible works quite well for me, I've found, or I just say I'm mostly into guys. But, yeah, love is free, and if you don't find any major labels describe you well or you don't identify/want to identify socially with any more precise labels either, just go ahead and do you.

3. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Personally, I'd say my attractions are a lot more one sided than yours. I'd say I'm like 99%/98% gay and 1/2% straight. So if we were going by the Kinsey scale, I'd say I'd either land on a 5 or a 6 right now. But I hear so many cases of people identifying as gay for ages and then falling for someone of the opposite gender, so I've come to realise that labels can be restrictive in some cases. But I mean, if someone wants to label their sexuality then more power to them. Right now, I have no idea what I'm doing. Oh well. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

#3 Canterpiece, Jun 1, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2016
  4. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Naww. ^^ Well, there's no loss in honor in just identifying socially with what's the most practical for you. Lesbian might work well. And there are lesbians that sleep with men, for example, or that might fall for a guy sometime and change their label. That's okay, too. Life is a lot less certain than we very much like to think (uncertainty is scary). Just do what works best for you. :slight_smile:

5. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    (*hug*)

6. Invidia

Invidia Guest

All the hugs. :slight_smile: (*hug*)

7. kypso

I don't like labels so much, I think I only use one to help other people :slight_smile: