1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Straight guys flirting with you.

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Chromedome, Jun 4, 2016.

1. Chromedome

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Have you ever encountered a situation where a striaght guy is flirting with you. Looking in your ears touching your shoulder etc. I don't wanna be used as their experiment like s free sample nor do I wanna get outed by someone else. What would you guys do?

2. A Mindful Wolf

If they are actually flirting with you I would argue that they aren't straight? Also, don't mistake friendliness for flirting...I was only recently told that apparently I'm very flirtatious in my speech and that a few people in the office thought I was coming onto them...all at the same time.

3. SimplyJay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    As far as I know, no guys have ever tried flirting with me.. if someone did I might be oblivious to it, unless they were being fairly blatant about it.

As for me flirting back, I'm incapable of such...since I have no idea how to flirt..

4. SpaceOddity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm usually totally oblivious to people flirting or hitting on me but when I eventually do catch on I usually just get very uncomfortable and weasel myself away from said "straight" person. Or fart loudly ... you know, whatever works to make them go away :slight_smile:

5. faustian1

It appears that some of them may be hinting that they'd like to defect to West Germany...

In a far less cryptic vein, I've noticed that some gay people like playing with "straight" guys. However, others such as myself can be heard objecting that the remorse the straight guys get after it's over (until the next time) is a drama we can do without.

So to answer your question, follow your instincts. Tell them not to start something they don't want to finish :slight_smile:

#5 faustian1, Jun 4, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2016
  6. SimonSnow

He was teasing me bc it's obvious I'm not straight.

7. whizbang

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    That would be rather effective, however (and believe me i love a good fart joke) I go for the completely absurd:

"Let me ask you something: have you accepted the 8-Track as you personal lord and savior?"

8. faustian1

Oh God. For sure that would work. Nothing like sounding mental (on purpose) to make somebody warp out of orbit.

I have to admire your self esteem. As effective as it may be, I'd be loathe to make myself look silly to accomplish this purpose. I once had a coworker who was not self conscious of this at all. He'd tell long stories in restaurants to the wait-staff that had absurd punch lines at his own expense, just to get reactions from people. I always wished I had that level of self assurance.

I suspect from your response that you'd be the last person to get uncomfortable with someone flirting with you. Am I right?

9. whizbang

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My self esteem, believe it or not, fluctuates a bit from time to time. To be completely honest being absurd was always a defense tactic of mine back in my early days of being bullied. When you can truly take a bully's mind out of gear, it's a good day ;-)

It's the art of knowing when and where of not giving a damn, but having the sense of when and where to use it.

Personally, i think it's truly funny when you drag two entirely different things together. The Brits in my opinion were MASTERS at that sort of thing, Spike Milligan, Monty Python....

Surprisingly when women flirt with me, that makes me uncomfortable.

#9 whizbang, Jun 5, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2016
  10. faustian1

Ah, now I see the difference. And British humor is the best.